Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bighead Status ?
scottburgess14
Posted: Nov 02, 2017 - 01:57 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 12966

QUOTE (RHYBAK @ Nov 02, 2017 - 01:48 pm)
If your adamant on using your fly rod try using a Pink Berkeley worm.

I catch all my trout in the Bighead this time of year floating the pink worm under my float

I have one of those, just not set up for the fly rod yet. Been fishing the beaver river most nights these days after work for 45 mins to an hour and watching everyone else catch fish. A buddy told me to store the rod for the night and just sit back and watch.

PMEmail Poster
RHYBAK
Posted: Nov 02, 2017 - 02:38 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 2426

Beaver river just before dark.....3" flatfish Skunk.... Frog....Blue/red chromed

PMEmail Poster
chinhook
Posted: Nov 03, 2017 - 07:44 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 4865

my guess as to why you are not catching fish is that you are missing a combination of smaller things that add up to success:

-shotting pattern correct for the water you are fishing? (Bulk shot near the swivel if fishing fast deep water to get your bait into the zone)

-Long enough lead/leader size? (can the fish see your terminal tackle before your bait gets to them? If the water is clear are you downsizing your lead to 4lb/5lb?)

-Drag free drift ? (Trot back lightly on your float so your presentation comes first before your float and shots)

- Confidence ? (This is a tough one without catching, but it makes a world of a difference if you think you can hook up)

-bait size? (downsize your bait in clear conditions, upsize in dirty water conditions. If you aren't catching on your current bait after some time, switch it up!)

good luck

PMEmail Poster
piercer
Posted: Nov 03, 2017 - 10:05 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 719

Another thing you can use if determined to fly fish is a San Juan worm which can be tied in a number of colors.

PM
scottburgess14
Posted: Nov 03, 2017 - 12:54 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12966

Thanks guys for the help. I might get out one more time on Sunday at Sauble falls but the fishing gear is getting the back shelf until the freezer is full of venison!

PMEmail Poster
giggidy
Posted: Nov 04, 2017 - 05:41 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 1030

and if all that fails bomb the heck out of the river

PMEmail Poster
Berger
Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 10:18 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 9805

QUOTE (scottburgess14 @ Nov 03, 2017 - 01:54 pm)
Thanks guys for the help. I might get out one more time on Sunday at Sauble falls but the fishing gear is getting the back shelf until the freezer is full of venison!

Good to know before you harvest your venison.

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/lead-conta...-fish-and-game/

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Georgian Bay & Lake Huron
Fishing forum for Lake Huron & Georgian Bay. Fishing for walleye, muskie, bass, salmon, trout, crappie, perch and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Enjoy Lake Huron Outdoors!

Marketplace