Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Rob Hyatt, Are Rob's huts producing so far this ye?
Frozenwater
Posted: Jan 28, 2018 - 10:21 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 10826

Hey folks, not much on here about Rob's huts.Any good stories, or bad?
Heading up on Friday, just curious.

Thanks.

PMEmail Poster
Hunter John
Posted: Jan 29, 2018 - 01:58 pm

Egg

Member No.: 13090

My buddy and I were up for the weekend of the opener with our 2 son's and the action was incredible with somewhere between 70 - 80 walleye ( kinda lost count ) One was a keeper and many were oh so close. Also had a few pike and one beauty whitefish.

PMEmail Poster
Frozenwater
Posted: Jan 29, 2018 - 04:30 pm

Alevin

Thank you sir!

PMEmail Poster
Timbo66
Posted: Jan 29, 2018 - 06:18 pm

Egg

Member No.: 13233

We were out with Rob on the 18th-21st. The action was steady and hot at times. We had one keeper (9 guys) but many just under the slot, mixed in with 15 pike and two monsters we lost at the hole. Not many perch (10). We used simple pickerel rigs until the bite slowed and then mixed it up with blue/silver rattling spoons being the favorite. Had a blast and plan on returning next year!

PMEmail Poster
Frozenwater
Posted: Jan 29, 2018 - 08:40 pm

Alevin

Very nice, thanks!

PMEmail Poster
FishCrazyT
Posted: Jan 29, 2018 - 09:32 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 7751

Was out with Rob from the 19-21. Fishing in the hut was slow but we spent most of the weekend outside anyways as it was a gorgeous weekend. We found a few spots that really produced for morning and night bites. My meal ticket was a chrome/pink ultra light rippin rap tipped with a minnow head. You might wanna upsize the belly treble cause they were ABSOLUTELY CHOKING IT! Had to do surgery with the foreceps probably ten times. Hammered 40-50 each night from 5:30-6:30 and the morning bite was 6:30-7:30. Get out and find them! They were crazy aggressive. We took one off, put it back, re baited with minnow head and they were meeting it half way and crushing it. Only got two keepers but plenty of healthy 16-17 1/2ers. And Rob was a top notch outfitter! Great to chat with and an all round great guy. Will be going back for sure.

PMEmail Poster
Frozenwater
Posted: Jan 31, 2018 - 10:52 am

Alevin

Thank you for the update! Were bringing an auger and will plan to move around.

PMEmail Poster
WaitingforIce
Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 04:10 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 10489

A group of us went out with Rob last family day weekend. We caught a lot of fish. No real keepers tho. I caught the fish of the weekend a 36" northern.

In regards to Robs operation, his worker Syl was great. Rob on the other hand was a bit testy when we asked for more minnows because their initial delivery was 2 dozen for 5 gentlemen. He then demanded we paid for the extra 2 dozen he brought. Still not enough for us. We paid and decided that he wouldn't get our business anymore. This season we are going with south river resort. I'll be posting a report after our adventure.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Icefish05
Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 07:29 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 12804

Im sorry to hear such comments ive Been going to Rob Hyatt ice huts for 20 years now and have never had any issues in fact ive Never seen my minnow pail with less then 2 dozen minnows while I stay there my 2 boys and I had our best year fishing with Rob in January this year over 80 15 to 17 walleyes in 3 days and are trying to get back up there again for a second round this winter thanks Rob for all you do great man running a great business

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 08:42 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

I've been out with Rob many many times. Great host and always tells it like it is. No bs with him and that's one of the many things I like about him.

PMEmail Poster
Northhunter
Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 08:47 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 3521

We're going up this week. Never had an issue.. last year we had a little descepency with the bill. The final amount was more than he quoted me. My buddy booked and paid the deposit and never caught it. It was cleared up, no questions asked.

PMEmail Poster
Northhunter
Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 08:49 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 3521

QUOTE (Chevy @ Feb 04, 2018 - 08:42 pm)
I've been out with Rob many many times. Great host and always tells it like it is. No bs with him and that's one of the many things I like about him.

X 2.

PMEmail Poster
SteveG
Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 09:14 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 2507

Guys... Ive known Rob for years.... always straight up ! you ask, he tells you, you want, Rob supplies it.
- never seen it that myself and my gang had an issue... over 20 trips over the years...never an issue .
- all of you other Fisherman who have booked with Rob Hyatt...most of you agree ??

PMEmail Poster
FishCrazyT
Posted: Feb 05, 2018 - 10:53 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 7751

Yep, went out with Rob for the first time this year. Have nothing but good things to say about him and his operation. Plus he has tons of knowledge and good stories if you wanna pick his brain a bit. To top everything off, he even helped load my bag into the truck at the end of the weekend 😃 I may have goated him into it, but he still did haha. Either way, I will be staying there again for sure. Two thumbs up from this guy!

PMEmail Poster
oakvilleguy
Posted: Feb 05, 2018 - 03:05 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 3918

I was there with him 2 weekends ago and it was one of the best trips to nip we have ever had. Fishing was awsome and the service was great. We are already talking about when to book next year.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace