Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3 4   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ladies on Ice, Hut Chicks
ice_addict
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 04:49 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 2648

Hey C. Gangus Rutherford.

I would say do it. While i like fishing alone. I actually have a steady fishing partner now which is nice especially on the drive home. Yes it more gear and heat you gotta have heat or nobody will be happy. Like other have said start with a hut operator. This is a must. But now my girl has no problem walking out setting up the shelter cutting up minnows and taking off her own fish and she is a pure Toronto City Girly Girl. And when fishing gets really slow there are always other things you can do to pass the time when you have you girl with you, that are not as much fun as when you are alone.

Ice_Addict

PMEmail Poster
C. Gangus Rutherford
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 04:51 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 14663

I would surmise the shrinkage factor is alive and well in them there parts in mid Feb.

--( I hear you Ice, I think ultimately that would be the best outcome of this dealio for me)

CGR

This post has been edited by C. Gangus Rutherford on Jan 11, 2018 - 04:54 pm

PMEmail Poster
Dee004
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 05:20 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 12369

If my wife would go Id bring her in a heartbeat. There are alot of ladies out there who endure and love it.

PMEmail Poster
Newburg007
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 05:39 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 10129

CGR:
Wouldn't it be easier to just marry them and put an end to this "togethernes"-B.S.
It really does work! "Comme Moi!!"

PMEmail Poster
steelheader
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 05:49 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 315

Alright ice addict ...You started this..

My take ..TAKE HER ! .. With an operator for a start is a must , The rentals listed are all great operations but my experience with Tim Hales has been nothing but exceptional..

My bride and I back over 50 yrs ago started off on a sportsmans life time dream , during breaks in our honeymoon in October ..guess what .. We went hunting and fishing and have done so for all but the past few due to mobility and other health issues .. Yes, she's a very patient and understanding lady .. But she does love the out of doors as much as I do

Yea, she will most likely out fish you ..
Tell you a true tale ..Up at Manitou lodge in Temagami in jan mid 80s , put the two girls in one hut and us two "Serious" fisherman in one next ...fished away ..nothing /squat /zilch ..we kept hearing giggles as the morn progressed..Finally went for a check ..there they are with a bottle of orange juice and a mickey of vodka ..almost gone ..

And wait for it ... Two trout and a whitie lay under the seat , the big boy was 14 lbs ..

As a lesson .. let her beat you , just be thankful she's out there with you ..

PMEmail Poster
Tailfin
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 07:59 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 100

Well said Stealheader. My first wife of 54 years fished with me every chance she could get and we enjoyed every minute of it. The only diff was I carried a five gal pail with a snap-on plastic toil seat and special bags you get. It sounds to me a lot of you guy's shouldn't of got married, or your scared to get beat by a female.

PMEmail Poster
miro
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 08:07 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3947

QUOTE (Fish4Dinner @ Jan 11, 2018 - 04:39 pm)
Don't do it! If they have a good time they will want to come again and limit you from fishing other species. More gear to carry, having to make sure food on ice is healthy and when you get home dinner is not ready.

x2 and x2 on the duct tape.

PMEmail Poster
Disco
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 08:08 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 10908

Ever never never would my wife ice fish even with a hut operator.

My daughter on the other hand would kill me and call me a rookie if I took her out with a hut operator.
She is the outdoors mans ultimal find but alas for all you single guys she is only turning 16.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 09:44 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 10648

I keep asking her to go.....and I always get the same reply......I would not like ice fishing......good luck you guys....I guess I will never feel your pain or pleasure.....this thread made me lmao.....thank you.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Dbfish
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 12:29 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1601

QUOTE (thanh @ Jan 11, 2018 - 12:20 pm)
been there, done that, wouldn't do it again. Period.

If you do, my advise is to book with a hut operator, but get 2 huts. one for them and one for yourself.

Good answer! Lol

PMEmail Poster
1SHOT
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 03:33 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 7181

Last years Ice Fishing Team...Well I have a Good Imagination lol.. Maybe 20yrs ago

Attached Image

PM
xiaolu
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 07:28 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 50

TAKE HER! As a bonus, in the hut if there aren't no fish to show up, you two could always play something else together, and kill the time:-)

PMEmail PosterYahoo
tyler14
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 07:46 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 12583

QUOTE (C. Gangus Rutherford @ Jan 11, 2018 - 05:51 pm)
I would surmise the shrinkage factor is alive and well in them there parts in mid Feb.

--( I hear you Ice,  I think ultimately that would be the best outcome of this dealio for me)

CGR

Can you PLEEEAAASE let us know when / where you finally end up taking her? I feel like this can be a LSO field trip and we can come out and watch how your day goes

Also, on the bright side, if she gets annoying you can just toss her down hole and come fish with us

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 09:23 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

QUOTE (xiaolu @ Jan 12, 2018 - 08:28 am)
TAKE HER! As a bonus, in the hut if there aren't no fish to show up, you two could always play something else together, and kill the time:-)

If the hut is a rockin', don't come a knockin'

PMEmail Poster
Dbfish
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 09:26 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1601

QUOTE (steelheader @ Jan 11, 2018 - 02:49 pm)
Alright ice addict ...You started this..

My take ..TAKE HER ! .. With an operator for a start is a must , The rentals listed are all great operations but my experience with Tim Hales has been nothing but exceptional..

My bride and I back over 50 yrs ago started off on a sportsmans life time dream , during breaks in our honeymoon in October ..guess what .. We went hunting and fishing and have done so for all but the past few due to mobility and other health issues .. Yes, she's a very patient and understanding lady .. But she does love the out of doors as much as I do

Yea, she will most likely out fish you ..
Tell you a true tale ..Up at Manitou lodge in Temagami in jan mid 80s , put the two girls in one hut and us two "Serious" fisherman in one next ...fished away ..nothing /squat /zilch ..we kept hearing giggles as the morn progressed..Finally went for a check ..there they are with a bottle of orange juice and a mickey of vodka ..almost gone ..

And wait for it ... Two trout and a whitie lay under the seat , the big boy was 14 lbs ..

As a lesson .. let her beat you , just be thankful she's out there with you ..

Nice!!

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace