Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Lake simcoe ice conditions
garfield the cat
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 10:36 am

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 2354

Can anyone give some ice reports for those who are scratching uncontrollably. A day like today, I thought maybe there would be a lot of updates. Lol. Thx

PMEmail PosterYahoo
kingtwaz22
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 10:45 am

Fry

Member No.: 8045

I'd also like to know how the slush is over beaverton way it was getting a little bit when I was out earlier in the week

PMEmail Poster
Miha
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 10:52 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 4230

PMUsers Website
garfield the cat
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 12:21 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 2354

Thx. I seen that one, that was yesterday. I just heard from a brother of mine an he's by Sibbald point and the lake is covered with water. Wet, slippery walk out to the hut

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Fisherman
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 12:43 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

I sure hope anyone that goes out today is safe, crazy winds out there. As for reports, can't expect a lot.

PM
G-Mech
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 02:45 pm

Fry

Member No.: 3253

I guess I accidentally posted this on the Couchiching thread but I'll cut and paste here.....my bad.

Despite the forecast, we went out from Port Bolster Thursday and traveled almost over to Beaverton and out to the islands. It was quite slushy in the morning but by the afternoon the snow was basically all gone and the lake was covered in water with as much as 6" in some areas. There is lots of ice (well over 12" everywhere we drilled). We were going to go out this morning but there was even more water on the ice and raining fairly hard so decided we were smarter than that. Hardly anyone else went out this morning. I really can't see it freezing back up for at least a couple of days even with the cold snap tonight. Saw some operators huts being pulled off yesterday, likely they were worried about them freezing in.

Oh and by the way, the perch fishing was horrible too, nobody we talked to had much success but it was still better than working!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace