Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3 4   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Orillia perch derby
Fishsniffer
Posted: Apr 25, 2018 - 05:23 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 1597

QUOTE (Exec88 @ Apr 24, 2018 - 11:16 pm)
QUOTE (thrillhouse @ Apr 24, 2018 - 07:10 pm)
Pretty sure Jacobs is shut down for good.

I was still getting minnows at jacobs mid March...........cheap bearded scruffy guy was gone though (thank goodness).

They should change the sign off #11 Hwy to still in business lol

Sign says going out of business ?

Every time I drive by I see people stopping in. Kinda of confusing , sounds like the scruffy beard guy .

PMEmail Poster
Fish Farmer
Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 09:49 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 176

We called the chamber of commerce and they said all the marines are roped off. no fishing.
So we canceled are hotel bookings, not going this year.
Everyone knows where the tags and Perch are if you have fished it the past 5 years.

PMEmail Poster
HardlyCore
Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 09:58 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8169

How much water does the marina own? They roped it last year too. We just sat at the rope and fished over it. There's 100 people on public land fishing into the marina last year but somehow keep a few boats out is ok?

PMEmail Poster
pandakiller
Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 06:03 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 13176

there were boats fishing in the marina at the narrows today no rope up but word has it they're putting the rope up this weekend

PMEmail Poster
Dbfish
Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 07:50 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1601

You could always walk out! Lol

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
MedicinalAngler
Posted: Apr 28, 2018 - 08:05 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 13093

QUOTE (HardlyCore @ Apr 26, 2018 - 10:58 am)
How much water does the marina own? They roped it last year too. We just sat at the rope and fished over it. There's 100 people on public land fishing into the marina last year but somehow keep a few boats out is ok?

you have a boat why fish in one of the few spots people can fish from shore. you have a whole lake. As a shore fisher I like the fact they rope it off, no boat coming in and anchoring right in front of you cutting off your fishing access. although I do miss the target practice

PMEmail Poster
Dbfish
Posted: Apr 28, 2018 - 08:40 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1601

QUOTE (MedicinalAngler @ Apr 28, 2018 - 05:05 pm)
QUOTE (HardlyCore @ Apr 26, 2018 - 10:58 am)
How much water does the marina own?  They roped it last year too.  We just sat at the rope and fished over it.  There's 100 people on public land fishing into the marina last year but somehow keep a few boats out is ok?

you have a boat why fish in one of the few spots people can fish from shore. you have a whole lake. As a shore fisher I like the fact they rope it off, no boat coming in and anchoring right in front of you cutting off your fishing access. although I do miss the target practice

PMEmail Poster
HardlyCore
Posted: Apr 29, 2018 - 09:29 am

Trophy Trout

First off, I'll fish where I know the fish are. Second I fish from shore there 99% of the time I fish there, but you can't get in to the further section of the marina from shore. Now that the rope is up, you can't anyway, but used to be you could. I didn't ever mind boats going in and out of a MARINA while I fished from shore. No one ever anchored right in front of me. Lastly, if you want to play target practice with me, I dare you. We'll see who is swimming at the end if the game.

PMEmail Poster
MedicinalAngler
Posted: Apr 29, 2018 - 12:58 pm

Smolt Trout

QUOTE (HardlyCore @ Apr 29, 2018 - 10:29 am)
First off, I'll fish where I know the fish are.  Second I fish from shore there 99% of the time I fish there, but you can't get in to the further section of the marina from shore.  Now that the rope is up, you can't anyway, but used to be you could.  I didn't ever mind boats going in and out of a MARINA while I fished from shore.  No one ever anchored right in front of me.  Lastly, if you want to play target practice with me, I dare you.  We'll see who is swimming at the end if the game.

holy, way to take a joke. that's pretty sad saying i'd be swimming over a joke. whats your problem, if you do 99% of your fishing from shore you wouldn't be a "target" any way. (that's another joke just in case you don't get it)
you must not be fishing the same marina or that often, (before they roped it off) if you never had boats anchor in front of you. I have no problems with boaters in the canals if all they did was drive past. to me its just the right thing to do if i'm in a boat, I don't anchor across from a shore fisherman even if that is where I know the fish are, I'm in a boat and there are other spots to fish and can come back later when the shore fisher is gone.

PMEmail Poster
HardlyCore
Posted: Apr 29, 2018 - 01:28 pm

Trophy Trout

Jeez, all I said We'll see who is swimming. If you're throwing a lure at people I think a swim is a pretty innocent and harmless consequence.

That said, I've spent plenty of time there as I lived in orillia for 5+ years, and still live close enough to make the drive a few times during the festival. I have no issue with the boats coming in. Never had a problem. To each their own though I guess

PMEmail Poster
Mikefishing
Posted: Apr 29, 2018 - 01:45 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 13202

Think you have it bad, Move over!

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
WishN4Fishin
Posted: Apr 29, 2018 - 02:26 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 550

QUOTE (Mikefishing @ Apr 29, 2018 - 01:45 pm)

Looks like the canals in Simcoe every spring. Lol

PMEmail Poster
MedicinalAngler
Posted: Apr 29, 2018 - 02:53 pm

Smolt Trout

QUOTE (HardlyCore @ Apr 29, 2018 - 02:28 pm)
Jeez, all I said We'll see who is swimming. If you're throwing a lure at people I think a swim is a pretty innocent and harmless consequence.

That said, I've spent plenty of time there as I lived in orillia for 5+ years, and still live close enough to make the drive a few times during the festival. I have no issue with the boats coming in. Never had a problem. To each their own though I guess

only five years I think I got a bit more experience fishing that area. I was fishing there when there was still train tracks and u had to walk up the tracks or cut through the one marina to get there. 30+ years . oh and I fish there often during the perch fest cause its within walking distance of where I live! so yes there was often inconsiderate boaters that would anchor right in front of you.
(who said any thing about tossing lures at people I use minnows)that's a joke again I Try to avoid casting toward other people.

PMEmail Poster
MedicinalAngler
Posted: Apr 29, 2018 - 02:55 pm

Smolt Trout

QUOTE (WishN4Fishin @ Apr 29, 2018 - 03:26 pm)
QUOTE (Mikefishing @ Apr 29, 2018 - 01:45 pm)

Looks like the canals in Simcoe every spring. Lol

so true

PMEmail Poster
HardlyCore
Posted: Apr 29, 2018 - 03:16 pm

Trophy Trout

QUOTE (MedicinalAngler @ Apr 29, 2018 - 02:53 pm)
QUOTE (HardlyCore @ Apr 29, 2018 - 02:28 pm)

only five years I think I got a bit more experience fishing that area. I was fishing there when there was still train tracks and u had to walk up the tracks or cut through the one marina to get there. 30+ years . oh and I fish there often during the perch fest cause its within walking distance of where I live! so yes there was often inconsiderate boaters that would anchor right in front of you.
(who said any thing about tossing lures at people I use minnows)that's a joke again I Try to avoid casting toward other people.

Haha. You win.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace