Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Crazy wind.
longfish
Posted: May 04, 2018 - 08:35 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 10648

Across the street from me in Acton.....will be cutting it up tomorrow. Power was also out for an hour.

Attached Image

PMEmail PosterYahoo
longfish
Posted: May 04, 2018 - 08:36 pm

Trophy Trout

Pic 2

Attached Image

PMEmail PosterYahoo
longfish
Posted: May 04, 2018 - 08:36 pm

Trophy Trout

Pic 3

Attached Image

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Fish4Dinner
Posted: May 04, 2018 - 10:02 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 26

I just sold a clientís house and the home inspection is scheduled for tomorrow at noon. Fingers crossed that the home inspector will miss this.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Putaforkinya
Posted: May 04, 2018 - 10:07 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 3100

QUOTE (Fish4Dinner @ May 04, 2018 - 11:02 pm)
I just sold a clientís house and the home inspection is scheduled for tomorrow at noon. Fingers crossed that the home inspector will miss this.

Ya shingles are all over my st and back yard but luckily none of them are mine. Look at the first pic I attached. Second house back has a pretty bad looking roof.

PMEmail Poster
fishfood
Posted: May 04, 2018 - 11:09 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 6517

QUOTE (longfish @ May 04, 2018 - 09:36 pm)
Pic 2

Hey longfish do you know the people on mcdonald at the corner of action ? kinda looks like my uncle's house in the pic
hard to tell tho. I'll find out in the morning

Do you know Rick ? If so that would be my uncle lol. They have been there 30 years.

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: May 04, 2018 - 11:16 pm

Trophy Trout

QUOTE (fishfood @ May 04, 2018 - 11:09 pm)
Pic 2

Hey longfish do you know the people on mcdonald at the corner of action ? kinda looks like my uncle's house in the pic

Do you know Rick ? If so that would be my uncle lol. They have been there 30 years.

What corner.....if it is the North west corner it has a similar house and I have done some tree work for them.....I think his name was Rick. They have a big wooden shed in the backyard right?

The house in the picture is two blocks south of him on Norman and Acton Blvd.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Seguin Fisher
Posted: May 05, 2018 - 06:49 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9952

QUOTE (Putaforkinya @ May 04, 2018 - 08:31 pm)

it worked and nothing is broken luckily. Also I think I'm good for fire wood next year.

Hey fork, if your serious about using that for firewood, donít. As a W.E.T.T. certified installer, I can speak from experience that thatíll just create a ton of creosote and not be good for the chimney ( think chimney fires ). Only dry seasoned hardwood should be used in a wood stove, never any type of spruce or pine.

PMEmail Poster
Bayliner
Posted: May 05, 2018 - 06:52 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 22

Here in Trent Hills it looks like a war zone. I had my Shelter Logic tent shed destroyed a few weeks back by that other wind storm. Good thing I was too lazy to put up the new one.

My power went out at 6 last night and its still out. Using my stand by generator for the first time and its doing its job quite well. The Trent dropped about 6 inches over night so I should be able to get to my dock soon.

PMEmail Poster
Goshawk
Posted: May 05, 2018 - 06:53 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11890

I'm just happy that there were no reports of any boaters who didn't listen to the weather forecasts and ventured out yesterday morning only to be caught in that mess. Those kinds of winds could swamp anything smaller than a Naval vessel.

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: May 05, 2018 - 06:59 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

QUOTE (Seguin Fisher @ May 05, 2018 - 07:49 am)

it worked and nothing is broken luckily. Also I think I'm good for fire wood next year.

Hey fork, if your serious about using that for firewood, donít. As a W.E.T.T. certified installer, I can speak from experience that thatíll just create a ton of creosote and not be good for the chimney ( think chimney fires ). Only dry seasoned hardwood should be used in a wood stove, never any type of spruce or pine.

spruce and pine are fine once they are nice and dry.

PMEmail Poster
Neil
Posted: May 05, 2018 - 07:05 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 4203

I am down in Oklahoma City for work and the same system moved through here a few days ago. They had a couple leading edge tornado's but it wasn't bad. Highest wind recorded was 100mph. They were saying they got off lucky. I'm not sure that 100mph is lucky.
On another front my dock up on Nipissing got wiped out for the second time in 5 years. They thing was there for 15 and never was touched till I bought the place. I think it is time for another plan. The entire length of the crib dock is filled with rock.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
fishfood
Posted: May 05, 2018 - 10:16 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 6517

QUOTE (longfish @ May 05, 2018 - 12:16 am)
QUOTE (fishfood @ May 04, 2018 - 11:09 pm)
Pic 2

What corner.....if it is the North west corner it has a similar house and I have done some tree work for them.....I think his name was Rick. They have a big wooden shed in the backyard right?

The house in the picture is two blocks south of him on Norman and Acton Blvd.

Yep that would be him with the shed in the back . it's was hard to tell in the pic of the street sings .

small world . I'm sure you know them they put on a few things each year with the golf course and helped get the skate park in.
If your ever in the pet shop there that's my cousins by the giant tiger 😁

PMEmail Poster
Seguin Fisher
Posted: May 05, 2018 - 11:30 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9952

QUOTE (Knuguy @ May 05, 2018 - 06:59 am)

If theyíre dry, theyíre ok for starting fires or mixing the odd piece in with hardwood but I wouldnít ever burn just that in a stove all the time as it tends to burn very hot compared to hardwoods. Iíve seen too many stoves over the years that've been overfired and warped all to hell from burning a bunch of pine in them, itís a miracle the house didnít burn down because of it.

PMEmail Poster
Fishsniffer
Posted: May 05, 2018 - 12:15 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1597

QUOTE (Knuguy @ May 05, 2018 - 06:59 am)

Only if you burn it hot . I wouldnít chance it .
A lot better wood out there.

Stick to my Maple , beach , ash ,yellow birch and kindle up cedar to start it.
Nice dry dense hardwood when seasoned . Burns cleaner
and last longer when burning .

So many variations when burning firewood .
- type of wood
- burn temperature
- draft control

Currently running a Newmac furnace wood / oil. Mainly run wood.
$$$ tax free

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace