Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Pigeon Lake update...
hookum
Posted: Jul 02, 2018 - 10:27 am

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 6958

Well another hot one yesterday 76 degree water temps and $hit load of boat traffic and a nice breeze all day to somewhat cool us off. We caught a couple eyes in slot yesterday morning down in and around 3 sisters simply drifting bucktail jigs and worm harnesses with the south wind. Afternoon we tried to target some bass in and around some of the bays that were a bit secluded from the boat traffic and the winds - no dice I think it hit 90 yesterday afternoon on the water. Got out last night and again tried targeting the eyes with the same approach as the morning - a south wind drifting jigs, worm harnesses - no dice. Around 9pm last night I said to the boys lets troll back to the cabin (north end of lake). We threw out a variety of Rapalas and worm harnesses and then at 9:10 pm we were greeted by the OPP checking for life jackets - they said - a couple of nice polite cops doin their job and then they scooted off within 2 minutes. The boys were rattled and said let's head in but since we were 500 yards from the cabin I said let's troll for another 5 minutes and then head in - we threw out the "all you can eat buffet" and just as we cranked over our reels - whammm a double header - got a couple nice eyes (in slot 16" and 18") on worm harnesses! I want to thank the OPP for slowing us down, doin their job and checking for life jackets because without them we would of never had that double header - lol! Good luck to all and remember "safety never takes a day off" - make sure ya got your life jackets on board - ya never know!!
cheers,
hookum

PMEmail Poster
Goshawk
Posted: Jul 02, 2018 - 02:15 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11890

Nice read Hookum. Re the live vests: please wear them. They won't do much good stored in a compartment if you should get thrown overboard!

PMEmail Poster
hookum
Posted: Jul 04, 2018 - 09:54 am

Fry

Thanks Lionel, appreciate your opinion. Well we have been fishing hard the last few days hitting the lake no later then 6am- 8:30 am and then back for the evening fest. I have been fishing this lake for over 35 years and the water temp yesterday hit 82 degrees - never seen that before! I'm sure the temps effect the fish especially when it increases or decreases so significantly within 4 or 5 days! Was on the lake again earlier yesterday and at 8:15am hooked into this beauty below - drifting with bucktails one of my best on this lake for me she measured in at 26" - released for another day! As well a pick of my son with the first pickeral (16") caught on the trip last Thursday. If you like boating, water skiing, tubing or swimming this is the week to enjoy it but if ya like fishin - man it's hot and a tough go out there. GLTA!
cheers,
hookum

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
hookum
Posted: Jul 04, 2018 - 09:55 am

Fry

Forgot my pics:

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
hookum
Posted: Jul 04, 2018 - 09:58 am

Fry

as well...

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
ilyukha
Posted: Jul 04, 2018 - 10:40 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 12665

Nice report and great pics! Nice eyes you got.

Yeah, Pigeon is very busy in summer with boat traffic even on weekdays, not to mention long weekends.

PMEmail Poster
hookum
Posted: Jul 06, 2018 - 10:53 am

Fry

Well it looks like the weather now was like it was last October fishing for the elusive SKI! The lake hit 83 yesterday and 79 this morning so with the wind and the weather change we started fishing a bit more for good ol' small mouths! Had some luck last night drifting and casting some skitter pops, shad raps (bright ones) along with some strike kings in about 4'-6' water. Got out early (5:45) this morning with my son and tried trolling (worm harnesses, jointed rapalas) for some eyes in one of the bays at the north end past big island along an edge that we have had luck with over the years - no luck today so we ended up switching gears and targeting bass. We drifted with the wind casting the same baits that we have used all week and low and behold my son had one hooked so we thought! He yelled "dad get the net it's a big one" as I was leaning over the boat I noticed a decent size bass then another - 2 for 1 - what a catch! I have never seen that before 2 bass on a lower treble on each side of the hook. Anyway the wind is a blowin out there maybe the change in weather will make the fish a bit more active? GLTA
cheers,
hookum

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
hookum
Posted: Jul 06, 2018 - 10:54 am

Fry

This was the bigger of the 2 maybe 2 lbs:

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
sabby
Posted: Jul 06, 2018 - 03:33 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 9998

Nice fish, you're doing well out there!

PMEmail Poster
metalbuckle
Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 08:35 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2

Very nice walleye and bass..

Thanks for the great read and fishing report.

I haven't fished Pigeon yet this year..

Hoping to get out there soon.

PMEmail Poster
MikeyLovesMuskies
Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 05:43 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 14137

Nice looking eyes, Hookum. Not yours, I meant the fish...lol

PMEmail Poster
FishingChef
Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 06:57 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 15394

Nice beauties....going to pigeon soon to fish and hopefully I will be as successful as you guys

PMEmail Poster
Attila
Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 07:37 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11988

Fun times and glad you're doing well! Ya, the skitter pop and J200 have been doing a number on the bass this season so far! Love the double header on a single lure too!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace