Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> South River, First timer
Chinnys1
Posted: Jan 02, 2018 - 12:24 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 15038

Hey gents!

heading up to a 2 man bungalow at South River resort end of Feb, i use to ice fish all the time, mainly lakers and whites,

couple of questions, if you would be so kind.

Any must have in the way of tackle, jigs?... or do most just dead stick, with minnows?

Is the day bite usually pretty slow?, if so, how is the whitefish fishing?, too shallow where the huts are?,

and any other advice you could throw my way for my friend and i !

thank you

PMEmail Poster
Fishchaser67
Posted: Jan 02, 2018 - 12:34 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4782

Hi..try the new. Glo buck shot radle spoon by Notherland tackle.(red glo) tiped with a minnow head i used it on opening day and did well with it ..tiger color jiging rap ..pink jigs ....tight lines ....FC

PMEmail Poster
Chinnys1
Posted: Jan 02, 2018 - 12:50 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 15038

thank you!

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Jan 02, 2018 - 01:46 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 515

¼ounce white Jig with minnow is always my go to... Orange and yellow jigs are my second choice.. Lots of nice lures out there as well.. Just work whatever your using and pay attention to your line at all times... Especially if they are hitting soft...
You are in good hands with that operator. Ask him some questions and if he recommends something then try it because he knows... Here's a link.......

http://www.lakesimcoeoutdoors.com/forums/i...showtopic=33060

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace