Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Snow On Callander Bay
ihuntcanada88
Posted: Jan 05, 2018 - 10:14 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 8207

Hey everyone I want to make the trek up to Callander bay next weekend and want to bring my ATV. Was wondering how much snow is on the ice and if bringing the ATV is a good idea or not? I do have chains on the tires which help a bit.

PMEmail Poster
Limacharley
Posted: Jan 05, 2018 - 11:01 am

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 11791

No need for chains. The snow is hard packed due to the wind. There's only about 6-8" of snow on the lake. The snowmobile trails aren't even opened yet.

PMEmail Poster
ihuntcanada88
Posted: Jan 05, 2018 - 12:14 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 8207

Thanks! Hopefully its still ok for next weekend!

PMEmail Poster
atventure
Posted: Jan 05, 2018 - 12:25 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 13515

I have been driving my Hyundai compact car (their smallest car) out from Sunset and I don't even have to stick to a trail, as long as I avoid the bigger drifts I'm okay. I was out about 2km yesterday and broke trail both ways.

PMEmail Poster
kenster
Posted: Jan 05, 2018 - 12:46 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 12683

I was fishing two k out from sunset as well.Zero bites until 3pm.Caught 7 perch and a few small Pic's.Fishing wasn't the best for me.Large group of shacks 2 k out.Was wondering if you caught any fish?? Old Girls college area doing well again this year

PMEmail Poster
atventure
Posted: Jan 05, 2018 - 12:52 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 13515

QUOTE (kenster @ Jan 05, 2018 - 12:46 pm)
I was fishing two k out from sunset as well.Zero bites until 3pm.Caught 7 perch and a few small Pic's.Fishing wasn't the best for me.Large group of shacks 2 k out.Was wondering if you caught any fish?? Old Girls college area doing well again this year

Hey bud,
We were out from 6:30am to about 11am. We were in a portable just slightly further out than the first cluster of shacks. I caught 3 walleye in order they were 41cm, 22cm, 43cm. Obviously all went back in. I also got around 5 perch all decent sizes, only kept one for some reason. My wife had something very large on her line but she got excited and her mitten tangled her line and she ended up loosing it before seeing it, it had her rod end down in the hole it was fighting pretty hard, maybe a northern?

PMEmail Poster
kenster
Posted: Jan 05, 2018 - 01:00 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 12683

thanks for the update reply.I must have drove past you.I caught two big Northerns out there last year.Seems better numbers of perch towards shore.Happy Fishn

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace