Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> taking photo
jmah
Posted: Apr 29, 2018 - 02:41 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 10488

I was at a gun show recently and was taking some photos of the guns on display. Some crusty lad tapped me on the shoulder and told me it was illegal and if I took more he would call the law. At the very next booth I asked the owner if It would be OK to take a few photos so I could send them to a buddy and he said I could take all I wanted. Has anyone every heard it is illegal to take pictures of guns on display. I think it is B.S.

PMEmail Poster
Fishin fan
Posted: Apr 29, 2018 - 03:40 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 6321

Prob thought you were an anti gun person taking a picture of the scary guns for the liberal media to write a story for more gun control.

Dave

PMEmail Poster
fishinguy14
Posted: Apr 29, 2018 - 05:18 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 4019

A private establishment or business could certainly have policies regarding filming/and or taking pictures. But you can take pictures of anything you want if you are in a public place, the most they could do legally is come after you for not having a "model release/property release" if you were planning to sell or profit from the images in any way.

So unless the ownership of whatever building the show was in, had a specific policy (which would mean they would also need to have signs posted, like at movie theatres), that guy was full of crap.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Marketplace