Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ice Bungalows
ZKR4CK3N
Posted: Jan 08, 2018 - 10:58 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 14734

I'm heading up this weekend, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

PMEmail Poster
Ric4709
Posted: Jan 08, 2018 - 11:33 pm

Egg

Member No.: 12192

QUOTE (ZKR4CK3N @ Jan 08, 2018 - 10:58 am)
I'm heading up this weekend, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

See you there!

PMEmail Poster
Quigles716
Posted: Jan 09, 2018 - 08:14 am

Alevin

Member No.: 14796

QUOTE (03Canes @ Jan 07, 2018 - 07:37 pm)
QUOTE (Quigles716 @ Jan 01, 2018 - 02:38 pm)
Awesome! You guys have to come to the fire on the ice!  Itís always a great time since the bite usually lags at night

I'm sure we'll take you up on the offer, many thanks!!

Any word on the ice thickness where he puts the bungalows? Just planning the trip and whether or not we're driving the trucks out.

Thanks!

No havenít heard of the thickness. Iím just going to let them take me out in their vehicle ďcrashĒ Hopefully we donít go through 😅

PMEmail Poster
fishergirl1
Posted: Jan 09, 2018 - 09:50 am

Alevin

Member No.: 5684

Ice is just fine. Our tractor is out there blowing roads and moving drifts from around your huts as we speak.

PMEmail Poster
fishergirl1
Posted: Jan 09, 2018 - 09:55 am

Alevin

Bosses big diesel been out for 10 days now. He does major ice checks every few days. No worries boys

PMEmail Poster
bcherriere
Posted: Jan 09, 2018 - 09:57 am

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 1956

Deleted by posters request.

PMEmail Poster
fishergirl1
Posted: Jan 09, 2018 - 10:36 am

Alevin

Not sure what Dennis you spoke to last night but it was not Dennis Johnston of ice bungalows I asked him myself two minutes ago. He has told me to post big might Alice (huge tractor and blower is out there and if that can go out so can any truck. However if you chose to leave your car or truck on shore we will gladly give you a ride out. (Pretty sure boss doesn't like negative comments on here or information he did not say. ) ice is thick and perfect follow the good road and the flags. Cheers guys happy fishing. See everyone soon.

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Jan 09, 2018 - 11:01 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

Hey fishergirl, you guys are located in the south shore area correct? I am hearing there are some concerns with pressure cracks in this area.

PMEmail Poster
fishergirl1
Posted: Jan 09, 2018 - 11:27 am

Alevin

Can't speak for others but we currently do not have any pressure crack problems at Dennis Johnston Ice bungalows. That does not mean that others do not. Ask your tourist guide company. But yes we are located on south shore near wade's landing. Our roads and huts are safe again that does not mean everywhere is. Your Guide will know best!!!

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Jan 09, 2018 - 11:33 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

QUOTE (fishergirl1 @ Jan 09, 2018 - 01:27 pm)
Can't speak for others but we currently do not have any pressure crack problems at Dennis Johnston Ice bungalows. That does not mean that others do not. Ask your tourist guide company. But yes we are located on south shore near wade's landing. Our roads and huts are safe again that does not mean everywhere is. Your Guide will know best!!!

Thanks fishergirl, appreciate your reply.

PMEmail Poster
vaveiro83
Posted: Jan 09, 2018 - 02:34 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 8473

So my group of 4 is out here now live and we arrived sometime yesterday and can safely say that the ice thickness is at least 16" or more (didn't actually measure) and it is that in the hut and 30 yards outside the hut. we will likely go for a drive with a portable hut to try another area as well for fun but we are good where we are and again having a great time... hard not to. we have only caught around a dozen or so but that is less about committed fishing time and more enjoying good company and good food and drinks. I would not be concerned about the safety of the ice if you are with the ice bungalow team as they would not lead you a stray as it isn't worth their time to do so.

just to add, we have our own small RTV on the ice and have zero concern about driving it around the area.

thanks and good luck,

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Jan 09, 2018 - 03:02 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

QUOTE (vaveiro83 @ Jan 09, 2018 - 04:34 pm)
So my group of 4 is out here now live and we arrived sometime yesterday and can safely say that the ice thickness is at least 16" or more (didn't actually measure) and it is that in the hut and 30 yards outside the hut. we will likely go for a drive with a portable hut to try another area as well for fun but we are good where we are and again having a great time... hard not to. we have only caught around a dozen or so but that is less about committed fishing time and more enjoying good company and good food and drinks. I would not be concerned about the safety of the ice if you are with the ice bungalow team as they would not lead you a stray as it isn't worth their time to do so.

just to add, we have our own small RTV on the ice and have zero concern about driving it around the area.

thanks and good luck,

Thanks for the update vaveiro.......good luck and tight lines

PMEmail Poster
familyfisher
Posted: Jan 09, 2018 - 03:50 pm

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 12860

Thanks for the update vaveiro. Awesome you guys are all having a great time. Enjoy the rest of your trip.. BE SAFE

Cheers

PMEmail Poster
Quigles716
Posted: Jan 09, 2018 - 04:08 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 14796

I believe ice is here for the winter. And icebungalows is a great outfitter to go out with ! Canít wait for next week

PMEmail Poster
03Canes
Posted: Jan 09, 2018 - 05:05 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 12556

QUOTE (vaveiro83 @ Jan 09, 2018 - 02:34 pm)

thanks and good luck,

Thanks for the update. Few questions when ya get a chance;

What's the water depth where your at?

Are the huts near the pressure cracks in Callendar? Just got a report from a group that came back from Callendar about lots of pressure cracks, and a truck that was plowing going through one of the cracks. Just wondering as we were gonna bring sleds and quads up.

Many Thanks!!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace