» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3 > »»   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ladies on Ice, Hut Chicks
C. Gangus Rutherford
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 01:18 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 14663

Hut Chicks.

Okay, I know some men who will endure incredible hardships like being cold, wet, hungry, bug bitten in a swamp waiting for a duck to fly by type thing…………………..or almost frozen, ice fishing, no bites, frustrated, can’t feel my leg etc………………………..”” But at least SHE’S NOT HERE” is the common attitude lol.

In defiance of that, a good friend and I really enjoy washing lures in the summer with our significant lady friends . Although we get out-fished by them usually its all good you know, at times helping bait their hook, removing fish from said hook etc., fun fun fun…..

It has come up in conversation recently that we should try ice fishing together ( for once ). O.O
Im not saying that were dealing with the most durable , rugged girls so I beseech my friends here for some advice or similar experience in the matter.

Are we just looking for trouble bringing women into a hut for a solid days fishing, that are usually used to fluffy slippers, red toenails , flowing dresses and honeysuckle jasmine candle scents etc ?? Peeing outside ? o hayle no.....

Or should we just leave well enough alone and stick to things a bit more predictable and less dangerous like motorcycle pole-vaulting on ice?
Thanks guys

CGR

PMEmail Poster
fishbrain_jr
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 01:34 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 5863

LOL…. That’s funny.

My opinion for taking out princesses is to go with an operator that has good solid comfortable huts and go for perch.

There will be an outhouse, and perm huts I believe will more comfortable for the ladies.

PMEmail Poster
tyler14
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 02:02 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 12583

QUOTE (C. Gangus Rutherford @ Jan 11, 2018 - 02:18 pm)
Hut Chicks.

Okay, I know some men who will endure incredible hardships like being cold, wet, hungry, bug bitten in a swamp waiting for a duck to fly by type thing…………………..or almost frozen, ice fishing, no bites, frustrated, can’t feel my leg etc………………………..”” But at least SHE’S NOT HERE” is the common attitude lol.

In defiance of that, a good friend and I really enjoy washing lures in the summer with our significant lady friends . Although we get out-fished by them usually its all good you know, at times helping bait their hook, removing fish from said hook etc., fun fun fun…..

It has come up in conversation recently that we should try ice fishing together ( for once ). O.O
Im not saying that were dealing with the most durable , rugged girls so I beseech my friends here for some advice or similar experience in the matter.

Are we just looking for trouble bringing women into a hut for a solid days fishing, that are usually used to fluffy slippers, red toenails , flowing dresses and honeysuckle jasmine candle scents etc ?? Peeing outside ? o hayle no.....

Or should we just leave well enough alone and stick to things a bit more predictable and less dangerous like motorcycle pole-vaulting on ice?
Thanks guys

CGR

It all depends on the girl! Normally the one I take with LOVES catching perch through the ice... literally every fish that comes up shes screaming, jumping, high-fiving me, taking pictures of her fish, its actually amazing that she's that excited.

I would stick to perch fishing because if you're not getting action ( ) no ones happy.

HOWEVER, asking any girl to pee in a timmies cup inside the hut is another story... ahaha

all in all, if you get them into it its a great time!

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 02:07 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

I'll take the 5th....

PMEmail Poster
kingphoenix
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 02:15 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10053

Tim Hales runs a really clean, professional and warm operation. Highly recommended to keep the misses happy. Even the trailer out to the huts is insulated.

PMEmail Poster
nuzpaper
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 02:19 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 2396

Bring them. They are tougher than you.

PMEmail Poster
C. Gangus Rutherford
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 02:20 pm

Alevin

I raise this Budweiser to the gents who replied already !!

this info is like gold.

note to self:

-there's outhouses !! < didnt know that>
- target perch
- take 5th of vodka
- check out Hales !!
-watch Clint Eastwood flicks

This post has been edited by C. Gangus Rutherford on Jan 11, 2018 - 02:21 pm

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 02:22 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

Definitely bring them but go to a hut operator that has everything the little angels would need. Oh yeah one more thing that I almost forgot, duct tape two rolls should do it.

PMEmail Poster
fishbrain_jr
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 02:27 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 5863

KP is right about Tim Hales. Years ago when my 180lb son was a minnow I would take him to Tim's. GREAT operator. (NOTE, there are 2 Hales).

Now the boy drags his own gear out plus mine at times..... LOL.

PMEmail Poster
Fish4Dinner
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 02:39 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 26

Don't do it! If they have a good time they will want to come again and limit you from fishing other species. More gear to carry, having to make sure food on ice is healthy and when you get home dinner is not ready.

PMEmail Poster
scottburgess14
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 03:05 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12966

QUOTE (Fish4Dinner @ Jan 11, 2018 - 03:39 pm)
Don't do it! If they have a good time they will want to come again and limit you from fishing other species. More gear to carry, having to make sure food on ice is healthy and when you get home dinner is not ready.

This man speaks the truth. The packing list gets that much larger bringing the better half out.. Can't go all day without food and the heat has to be there and you get out fished...

I mean shes always happy but if the day isn't good then watch out. It may be a short one.

OH OH OH... AND IF YOU DON'T TAKE THEM OUT NEXT TIME THEY GET MAD AT YOU!

PMEmail Poster
thanh
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 03:20 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3415

been there, done that, wouldn't do it again. Period.

If you do, my advise is to book with a hut operator, but get 2 huts. one for them and one for yourself.

PMEmail Poster
C. Gangus Rutherford
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 04:16 pm

Alevin

All points well noted guys. The scale is tipping this way and that . Decisions decisions but I believe this will result either in one epic fishing report on here one day soon with pics ( I promise) , or me moving to Georgina with only 50% of my senkos and slab grabbers

Speaking of which, a co-worker was being helpful with my predicament here a cpl hours ago who said that him and his wife went to Quinte to ice fish a few years ago and it kind of went ok I guess.

They ate some wacky brownies to take the edge off the frightening cold, had the tunes up, then got somewhat paranoid for a while but what really freaked them out is that some yahoos snuck up and spraypainted ‘MENS” on their hut in fluorescent paint and before they realized wtf was going on, a bunch of dishelved looking , drunk dudes kept entering their hut already holding what appeared to be senkos in hand ((lmao)) ready to ‘let go’.
Talk about "SURPRISE" !!!!! for both parties involved.

He wont fish with her or that lure anymore he said. Or dark Bull Dawgs for some reason (!?!)

good times

CGR

PMEmail Poster
Lanternman75
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 04:27 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 11376

QUOTE (scottburgess14 @ Jan 11, 2018 - 04:05 pm)
QUOTE (Fish4Dinner @ Jan 11, 2018 - 03:39 pm)
Don't do it!  If they have a good time they will want to come again and limit you from fishing other species.  More gear to carry, having to make sure food on ice is healthy and when you get home dinner is not ready.

This man speaks the truth. The packing list gets that much larger bringing the better half out.. Can't go all day without food and the heat has to be there and you get out fished...

I mean shes always happy but if the day isn't good then watch out. It may be a short one.

OH OH OH... AND IF YOU DON'T TAKE THEM OUT NEXT TIME THEY GET MAD AT YOU!

and sadly all the extra stuff she makes you bring out none of it will be actually useful, my wife carries a purse the size of a motorcycle helmet bag, ask her for change for parking or a pen; something practical and she doesn't have it in that sucker but she does have 6 types of lip balm

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 04:46 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

QUOTE (C. Gangus Rutherford @ Jan 11, 2018 - 05:16 pm)
All points well noted guys. The scale is tipping this way and that . Decisions decisions but I believe this will result either in one epic fishing report on here one day soon with pics ( I promise) , or me moving to Georgina with only 50% of my senkos and slab grabbers

Speaking of which, a co-worker was being helpful with my predicament here a cpl hours ago who said that him and his wife went to Quinte to ice fish a few years ago and it kind of went ok I guess.

They ate some wacky brownies to take the edge off the frightening cold, had the tunes up, then got somewhat paranoid for a while but what really freaked them out is that some yahoos snuck up and spraypainted ‘MENS” on their hut in fluorescent paint and before they realized wtf was going on, a bunch of dishelved looking , drunk dudes kept entering their hut already holding what appeared to be senkos in hand ((lmao)) ready to ‘let go’.
Talk about "SURPRISE" !!!!! for both parties involved.

He wont fish with her or that lure anymore he said. Or dark Bull Dawgs for some reason (!?!)

good times

CGR

Great post---but tell me you're making this up!! Senkos---yeah, right!!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3 > »»  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace