Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3 4   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ladies on Ice, Hut Chicks
steelheader
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 10:28 am

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 315

QUOTE (1SHOT @ Jan 12, 2018 - 03:33 am)
Last years Ice Fishing Team...Well I have a Good Imagination lol.. Maybe 20yrs ago

Attached Image

Hey; That's a great shot of our M&G drilling team..

PMEmail Poster
C. Gangus Rutherford
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 11:03 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 14663

ok that drilling pic made my pants shorter
(because she looks like one of them omg)

I will post an update soon regarding plans.
(still wondering about needing 2 rolls of duct tape but oh well, better be safe than sorry)

CGR

PMEmail Poster
RCRward
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 11:39 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9845

I would love it if my girlfriend was into fishing. This is a good chance for you to get them interested. Once they are interested then they will be more accepting of your fishing purchases.

PM
Knuguy
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 11:41 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

QUOTE (RCRward @ Jan 12, 2018 - 12:39 pm)
Once they are interested then they will be more accepting of your fishing purchases.

My friend told his wife he was getting a new reel. She asked how much did he expect to get for the old one!!

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 01:07 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

QUOTE (steelheader @ Jan 12, 2018 - 10:28 am)
QUOTE (1SHOT @ Jan 12, 2018 - 03:33 am)
Last years Ice Fishing Team...Well I have a Good Imagination lol..  Maybe 20yrs ago

Attached Image  

Hey; That's a great shot of our M&G drilling team..

If that be the drilling team for the M&G.......I am just going to donate the charter trip to them..

I will require a first mate tho for sure

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Rejuvpilot
Posted: Jan 14, 2018 - 09:48 am

Egg

Member No.: 14574

This is the best reason I can think of for me to bring my girl. We do everything together.
She's my princess,but no diva, by any means.
She hunts, fishes, camps and packs a great cooler for us.
I'm all for bringing my chick!!!
Youtube: boundary lines team v

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
bigdogfishin
Posted: Jan 14, 2018 - 01:02 pm

Fry

Member No.: 10623

As most people will say depends on the girl. I say if they want to go be clear with them how much work it takes and exactly all thats involved if they are still in then go for it. I fish with my fiance since day one i told her if she wants to go she is more than welcome but if she doesnt want to the thats cool but im going to be on the ice. I even told her ahe doesnt have to fish if she doesnt want. First day out she caught a pike and has been hooked ever since. I also told her from day one weather its ice or soft water season ahe has to bait her own hook. She loves it and i am forever greatful...

PMEmail Poster
tibiboy1
Posted: Jan 14, 2018 - 02:21 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 13529

QUOTE (Rejuvpilot @ Jan 14, 2018 - 10:48 am)
This is the best reason I can think of for me to bring my girl. We do everything together.
Youtube: boundary lines team

What a setup !!👍🏼

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Jan 14, 2018 - 02:38 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

QUOTE (Rejuvpilot @ Jan 14, 2018 - 09:48 am)
Youtube: boundary lines team v

Ha ha maybe a little diva in her.. I saw you folks trying to bring home a muskoka chair you found on one of your canoe trips and she just had to bring it home.. Lol...
Not all guys are as lucky as us to have there better half enjoy the outdoors and participate as much as we do...
Cheers. FM/Dave...

PMEmail Poster
Fishgirl
Posted: Jan 15, 2018 - 02:22 pm

Egg

Member No.: 13807

I think a lot of you fish with the wrong girls. Haha.
I've been out all day in-20 weather without a hut and it was the guys that had enough. If I had the chance I'd be out every day.
Bottom line, You should at least give your girl the chance to see whether or not she'll like it. Ground rules might help though. Haha

PMEmail Poster
GilsFinsTail
Posted: Jan 15, 2018 - 03:37 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 12907

Fish 4 Dinner, you have it all wrong. One should always take their significant other. Just think, if they get into it...you could have double the toys and/or spend double the money and get nicer, bigger, faster toys. My opinion try to get everyone into the outdoors...the you'll always have someone to play with...

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Jan 15, 2018 - 03:52 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

QUOTE (Fishgirl @ Jan 15, 2018 - 02:22 pm)
I think a lot of you fish with the wrong girls. Haha.
I've been out all day in-20 weather without a hut and it was the guys that had enough.  If I had the chance I'd be out every day. 
Bottom line, You should at least give your girl the chance to see whether or not she'll like it. Ground rules might help though. Haha

Probably those boys had there limit... they are probably at home already cleaning the house and cooking dinner....

PMEmail Poster
kingphoenix
Posted: Jan 15, 2018 - 04:27 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10053

My wife love to fish as well, really want to get her into a big fish, to see her freak out! Problem is if she is coming out we are usually have the kids with us, so we usually target quantity over quality or the trips dont last too long.

PMEmail Poster
GilsFinsTail
Posted: Jan 15, 2018 - 04:35 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 12907

Fish 4 Dinner, you have it all wrong. One should always take their significant other. Just think, if they get into it...you could have double the toys and/or spend double the money and get nicer, bigger, faster toys. My opinion try to get everyone into the outdoors...the you'll always have someone to play with...

PMEmail Poster
ForrestGumpFishing
Posted: Jan 15, 2018 - 05:12 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12707

I agree about renting if you have the cash.

If you didnt.... I think it would depend on two things, Is she easily cold and is she unwilling to fish in the summer for a long day? Is she easily scared?

If the answer to any those is Yes, then don't bother even trying. My girlfriend loves the outdoors and likes fishing, or thinks she does, and is always interested in joining

If she isn't bored after the first hour she will be cold, you will have prepared, walked out and drove for over 2 hours, for an hour of fishing, and that is if you live close to the lake.

If the cracking of ice (whether forming or just a crust on the snow) spooks her, then you might not even get a whole drilled and have to turn around

I have been out 5 plus times with her where we had drove and prepared for over 2 hours and did not get to fish for even an hour...

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace