Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Best Portable huts
Fishin fan
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 02:34 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 6321

Iíve thought about adding insulation but the roof is so big it would be impossible. With a 15000 btu itís good and warm. It was on sale at cabelas at Christmas. You should check the ct app and look at different stores in your area. They donít carry it anymore and I got mine on clearance for $269 last year. When 2 of us fish there is tons of room. For 3 would work as well like dale said but 1 hole each or you would get tangles.

Dave

PMEmail Poster
Cessna172
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 06:48 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 7828

I just bought a clam refuge . I haven't used it yet but looks good. I have a clam manoc which is a 2man it drips when the heater is on . Having the insulated one would be good. What ever you get. Make sure its insulated

PMEmail Poster
LOBDUCK
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 08:32 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 14996

I have the clam kenai pro.
Brought it out on the ice one day and she ripped
Tried going through the warranty big hassle rude people.
I personally will never buy a clam again but ive heard many good things
thats why i bought one pretty disapointed. oh ya and there was parts missing.

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 08:54 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

Eskimo quickfish 3i.. Awesome pop up... Lots of room and height... I would highly recommend this unit..

PMEmail Poster
garfield the cat
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 09:46 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 2354

Suggest to get a fat bottom hut. Makes an it more space inside.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
GilsFinsTail
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 10:04 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12907

The Clam Fish Trap 2 man flip. The bottom is a plastic sled that you can haul your gear in. It's easy enough to pull behind you and easy to set up and take down. Only issue is transporting it to the lake, unless you have an SUV or Pick up Truck. If you only own a car the I'd say a pop up shelter. But then you would need an additional plastic sled to put gear (rods, auger, chairs, etc.) into to pull behind you.

PMEmail Poster
scottburgess14
Posted: Jan 13, 2018 - 08:43 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12966

When it comes to sleds, get the Pelican 75 with the runners on the bottom. Man does it make dragging everything out a breeze!! They can be picked up at Canadian tire. RUNNERS OR BUST THOUGH!! Do no get one without or else you will regret it.

PMEmail Poster
Darreng
Posted: Jan 13, 2018 - 11:31 am

Egg

Member No.: 15077

I've also been looking into getting a new flipover. I have an old quickflip and it owes me absolutely nothing! I want something insulated now, and have been looking at couple suggestions. Frabill predator, clam nanook, or an otter outdoors xt. For the price the clam seems like the best option.

PMEmail Poster
Thesseus
Posted: Jan 13, 2018 - 11:43 am

Egg

Member No.: 14794

Have a rappala 3 man, the base is bigger than some other models, it was inexpensive on sale at the time. It is comfortable for 2 adults and often fit one chilld as an extra. Not insulated but lighter especially if you are walking. One friend has a larger hut from Costco for around $200 delivered. If interior flakes the warranty gives you a new one. Flake or no flake he gets a brand new one every year. I think we paid the same price.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace