Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What a Skunkfest!
riverrat
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 12:08 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 884

So i had the week off work so I can go icefishing. I have been on the ice for the past 7 days everyday, fishing for laker and whities. I have tried all the spots bp. mp, jb. sb, bbp everywhere. Everywhere the same thing lookers lookers lookers and lookers. Chasers chaser chasers chasers and chasers. No Bites!!!!!! Lots of people fishing around me and all the same thing, Nothing! I have seen 2 fish caught all week! This is overrated! My wife doesnt think I am fishing every day, she thinks i am cheating on her, because I have nothing to show for all the hours ice fishing. Damn wish I was cheating, I would have had more bites. What a waste of time. Going back to perching.

PMEmail Poster
adamcam07
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 12:10 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 6927

QUOTE (riverrat @ Jan 12, 2018 - 01:08 pm)
My wife doesnt think I am fishing every day, she thinks i am cheating on her, because I have nothing to show for all the hours ice fishing.

LOL

PMEmail Poster
thanh
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 12:12 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3415

LOL. took me a few years to land my first. So your experience this past week is not uncommon and happens to the best of us.

and BTW, Metros/Loblaws is always there for you to bring home something for the better half.

PMEmail Poster
nuzpaper
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 12:13 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 2396

QUOTE (adamcam07 @ Jan 12, 2018 - 12:10 pm)
QUOTE (riverrat @ Jan 12, 2018 - 01:08 pm)
My wife doesnt think I am fishing every day, she thinks i am cheating on her, because I have nothing to show for all the hours ice fishing.

LOL

Might have to stop off at the fish section of the grocery store on your way home if you want to keep fishing:)

PMEmail Poster
dmorrs35
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 12:19 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8547

QUOTE (riverrat @ Jan 12, 2018 - 12:08 pm)
So i had the week off work so I can go icefishing. I have been on the ice for the past 7 days everyday, fishing for laker and whities. I have tried all the spots bp. mp, jb. sb, bbp everywhere. Everywhere the same thing lookers lookers lookers and lookers. Chasers chaser chasers chasers and chasers. No Bites!!!!!! Lots of people fishing around me and all the same thing, Nothing! I have seen 2 fish caught all week! This is overrated! My wife doesnt think I am fishing every day, she thinks i am cheating on her, because I have nothing to show for all the hours ice fishing. Damn wish I was cheating, I would have had more bites. What a waste of time. Going back to perching.

sounds like you are ready to take on muskie fishing haha

PMEmail Poster
miro
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 01:12 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3947

Don't give up it's been a tough bite for a lot of guys this week,same on the perch grounds. Hopefully a few days of stable weather gets them feeding again. Tight lines and better luck next time.

PMEmail Poster
ginochipchip
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 01:17 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 4023

the last couple years it has been getting better for me
once you put some time in and start hitting it becomes fun again
i also fall back to perch when i have a slow day.

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 01:24 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (thanh @ Jan 12, 2018 - 12:12 pm)
LOL. took me a few years to land my first. So your experience this past week is not uncommon and happens to the best of us.

and BTW, Metros/Loblaws is always there for you to bring home something for the better half.

Metros/Loblaws? Well, this may or may not work!

Like I once heard from some guy who did this all the time, until one time when he showed up at Loblows after fishin' to buy a trout on his way back home, the guy over the counter told him: "Your wife just stopped by a few minutes ago, and asked me to tell you that she instead of trout again, would like to have some bass today"...

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Chevy
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 01:27 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Love your honesty and your humour

PMEmail Poster
thanh
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 01:32 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3415

QUOTE (xiaolu @ Jan 12, 2018 - 01:24 pm)
LOL.  took me a few years to land my first.  So your experience this past week is not uncommon and happens to the best of us.

Like I once heard from some guy who did this all the time, until one time when he showed up at Loblows after fishin' to buy a trout on his way back home, the guy over the counter told him: "Your wife just stopped by a few minutes ago, and asked me to tell you that she instead of trout again, would like to have some bass today"...

that's the time when you go and hit the Asian supermarkets and buy a live green bass from one of their tanks.

PMEmail Poster
nocod
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 02:03 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 401

I been skunked so many times,most people would have broken down Crying.it's when you get skunked fishing perch

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 02:35 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (thanh @ Jan 12, 2018 - 01:32 pm)
QUOTE (xiaolu @ Jan 12, 2018 - 01:24 pm)

that's the time when you go and hit the Asian supermarkets and buy a live green bass from one of their tanks.

You got it!"-) By the way, those so-called "green bass" look like largie or smallie to me:-)

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Five9five10
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 02:54 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 14898

IHave been on the ice 5 of the last 7 days alot of lookers heading back out monday pics coming soon

PMEmail Poster
papafishr
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 03:15 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 13142

So its not only me !!

No fish, a p##### off wife & no mistress lol,,,,,,,, somethings not adding up lmao.

All kidding aside,, it seems to have been a tough week for us all.

That being said, I'm also ready to spend a few days back on the perch grounds.

The kids just love'm fried perch bites !!

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 04:15 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

for sure, yesterday was a real tough bite for us

happens,

I did not want to go but buddies only had that day open....

still had fun, but bucket weighed more than the fish did

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace