Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Canada Day long weekend stay & fishing, with Lunge Lodge on Upper French River
xiaolu
Posted: Jun 12, 2018 - 04:15 am

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

Will be staying at this Lunge Lodge on the Upper French River for the upcoming Canada Day long weekend (June 29 to July 2).

For fishing, will rent boat from the lodge, of course. Was told there are bass and walleye, etc. Any tips on what to look for (like lure/bait to use, water depth to fish, etc)?

Also this will be my very first time to this Lunge Lodge. If you have been to this lodge, any tips on what to bring (considered essential yet not available at the lodge), considering I was told you can only drive and get to a marina (called Riverview Marina), and then the lodge owner would arrange a boat to take you to the lodge on an island. I'd think there might be limited stuff I could take with me to the lodge,...

Thanks.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Chuck Enwinde
Posted: Jun 12, 2018 - 01:34 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 6034

Should be lots of pike around too. Spinnerbaits are a good choice around the weeds where you can expect a mix of bass and pike. You'll have to decide between topwater smallmouth in the evening or trolling/jigging for eyes but there are worse problems to have. Might want to bring jaw spreaders and long handled pliers in case you bump in to a big musky. Good luck James.

PMEmail Poster
Fossy47
Posted: Jun 12, 2018 - 03:45 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 9546

Well, I know in July of last yr, I released an estimated 52-53" Muskie within a mile of Lunge Lodge. It was a great relief to see her swam away in good shape.
I'm assuming she is still "spooling" fisherman with regularity as most fisherman don't use the appropriate tackle for a fish like that. Better hook up with at least 80lb fluorocarbon or wire leader & a good braided line if you go after her.

Walleye can be found near weed lines or rock shoals trolling worm harnesses or bouncing jigs off the bottom tipped with worms/minnows. I'd ask the lodge as I'm sure they will have fishing maps available. We had no trouble getting a 'shore lunch' of fresh walleye.

Enjoy yourself in "God's Country". We are very fortunate to be able to enjoy such beautiful natural surroundings.

Cheers & Good Fishing,

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: Jun 12, 2018 - 07:53 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Chuck Enwinde @ Jun 12, 2018 - 01:34 pm)
Should be lots of pike around too. Spinnerbaits are a good choice around the weeds where you can expect a mix of bass and pike. You'll have to decide between topwater smallmouth in the evening or trolling/jigging for eyes but there are worse problems to have. Might want to bring jaw spreaders and long handled pliers in case you bump in to a big musky. Good luck James.

Thank you very much for the info!

PMEmail PosterYahoo
xiaolu
Posted: Jun 12, 2018 - 07:55 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Fossy47 @ Jun 12, 2018 - 03:45 pm)
Well, I know in July of last yr, I released an estimated 52-53" Muskie within a mile of Lunge Lodge. It was a great relief to see her swam away in good shape.
I'm assuming she is still "spooling" fisherman with regularity as most fisherman don't use the appropriate tackle for a fish like that. Better hook up with at least 80lb fluorocarbon or wire leader & a good braided line if you go after her.

Walleye can be found near weed lines or rock shoals trolling worm harnesses or bouncing jigs off the bottom tipped with worms/minnows. I'd ask the lodge as I'm sure they will have fishing maps available. We had no trouble getting a 'shore lunch' of fresh walleye.

Enjoy yourself in "God's Country". We are very fortunate to be able to enjoy such beautiful natural surroundings.

Cheers & Good Fishing,

Thank you, too for the great info and tips! I will certainly try my best and enjoy the trip and fishin'. Can't wait:-)

PMEmail PosterYahoo

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace