Ľ Fishing Forum
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> May 21 sixteen mile to bronte
Icemanjay
Posted: May 21, 2018 - 03:39 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 13620

Finally made it out for our first trip of the season! A few hang ups made us a little late this morning, but got out around 8:30 for a few hours. Managed one nice 4 1/2 lb BBQ chinook, and a lot of small shakers we lost count of. A couple of big misses too but that's fishing. Intended target was lakers but nothing on the bottom was cooperating. Best fishing was in about 80-85 fow, down 50 or so feet. tried one of the spoons that I won at the M&G this winter (watermelon stinger), it was doing some serious damage, thanks again! Nice to see a large number of healthy young fish. Anyone else out in the same area?

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: May 22, 2018 - 12:03 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

Good you got out and one of my 30 go to spoons when sunny.......

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
dmorrs35
Posted: May 22, 2018 - 12:10 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8547

Awesome on the catch. sounds like a very entertaining day!

I did a little fly fishing last night for an hour before heading home from my GF's house. saw a couple small trout. maybe 1-1.5 pounders. but I caught a small 3-3.5 inch salmon and saw a bunch more following my fly. and had a ton of other small bites casting at the larger trout. so there are plenty yearlings that I saw in the creek too! ready for your BBQ next year Icemanjay! haha. wasn't targeting them but awesome to see!

PMEmail Poster
oakvilleguy
Posted: May 28, 2018 - 03:57 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 3918

Hey I work on a charter boat outta bronte. The bigger fish have started to move in and the bite has been good. Pm me when ur coming down and I can help you out. Out funfishing the other night we got a 21 and 22 pound king. Lots of coho too

PMEmail Poster
Ice
Posted: May 28, 2018 - 04:14 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 7713

Very nice

PMEmail Poster
Icemanjay
Posted: May 28, 2018 - 06:43 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (oakvilleguy @ May 28, 2018 - 03:57 pm)
Hey I work on a charter boat outta bronte. The bigger fish have started to move in and the bite has been good. Pm me when ur coming down and I can help you out. Out funfishing the other night we got a 21 and 22 pound king. Lots of coho too

Hey sounds good man I appreciate that, I'll keep it in mind! I try to get out regularly in the summer, my wife's having a baby this week so i may slow down but am definitely not out. Hopefully they'll open the launch up at some point this season, it sure makes getting out a lot easier for me....

PMEmail Poster
oakvilleguy
Posted: May 28, 2018 - 07:35 pm

Parr Trout

They wonít be opening the launch but start construction in July as iv heard. Thereís a foot print on the Halton salmon and trout association Facebook page. But for this year bronte is shut down

PMEmail Poster
Icemanjay
Posted: May 28, 2018 - 08:26 pm

Adult Trout

I heard they were building the launch further east, should have kept the old one open while they build the new one with a use at own risk sign on it. From what I can tell it was still better than launches I've used in the past. It's the least that could have been done after pumping hundreds of dollars in to that machine over the years. Me complaining isn't gonna change anything at this point anyways I guess, I just really miss launching at bronte.

PMEmail Poster
oakvilleguy
Posted: May 28, 2018 - 09:40 pm

Parr Trout

I agree with you, but the town wonít let that happen unfortunately. We have been pushing for a fish cleaning station down there for years,just to help fisherman out but we arenít welcome it seems in bronte. I agree complaining gets you nowhere.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!

Marketplace