Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3 4 > »»   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 2018 Gold bass series, Sign up here
Fish4Dinner
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 03:59 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

QUOTE (Putaforkinya @ Mar 27, 2018 - 03:50 pm)
QUOTE (Fish4Dinner @ Mar 27, 2018 - 04:37 pm)
Matt-† zone 14 gbay bass limit is 3?† So are we doing a 3 fish tournament for that lake?

2 people per boat bringing the total limit to 6.

If I catch 4 big ones and have 4 in the livewell... I am actually over my limit. That is the part of the regulation people are not aware about. One of our tournament rules is to obey the regulations and if one team member catches all the big fish and keeps them for the count. The rules are broken.

Add a rule to that lake that at least 2 fish from each team member got to be used!

PMEmail Poster
beers
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 04:11 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 3763

Or just do a 3 fish limit

PMEmail Poster
Fish4Dinner
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 04:29 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (beers @ Mar 27, 2018 - 04:11 pm)

I like it

PMEmail Poster
thanh
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 06:49 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3415

QUOTE (Fish4Dinner @ Mar 27, 2018 - 04:29 pm)
QUOTE (beers @ Mar 27, 2018 - 04:11 pm)

I like it

have to agree, it makes total sense and is only fair for those that maybe fishing solo. Plus it keeps any questioning out of the equation.

PMEmail Poster
Putaforkinya
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 07:45 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 3100

QUOTE (Fish4Dinner @ Mar 27, 2018 - 04:59 pm)
QUOTE (Putaforkinya @ Mar 27, 2018 - 03:50 pm)
QUOTE (Fish4Dinner @ Mar 27, 2018 - 04:37 pm)
Matt-† zone 14 gbay bass limit is 3?† So are we doing a 3 fish tournament for that lake?

2 people per boat bringing the total limit to 6.

If I catch 4 big ones and have 4 in the livewell... I am actually over my limit. That is the part of the regulation people are not aware about. One of our tournament rules is to obey the regulations and if one team member catches all the big fish and keeps them for the count. The rules are broken.

Add a rule to that lake that at least 2 fish from each team member got to be used!

Are u talking about the pike tourney? You're confusing me now lol.
The pike tourney the limit is 3 because of the big ones and so on and that why were allowed to video weigh in a 3rd if need be as we can't hold 3 over 34" in the well.

As for of you're talking about bass. It has to be a 5 fish limit and 2 members must have a sportsman license. If someone is solo they will have to sit this one out. The reason for this is that it's a series and the series goes by best 3 WEIGHTS in the season plus the gold bass tourney which is on balsam this year. If someone was to only able to fish 4 events total and one of them was on that they would be jipped out of 2 fish with a 3 fish limit.
U know what I mean?

Edit:
I do like the rule u mentioned about a team member needing to add 2 fish though.

PMEmail Poster
beers
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 08:46 pm

World Record Trout

So if you or your partner catches the first 3 fish then they canít fish anymore they will have there possession limit and will have 2 sit out the rest of the day?
You canít group fish by law so the only way for this to work without cheating/breaking laws is to have it 3 fish limit.

Bass tournaments have a 5 fish limit for this reason as you and your partner canít go over your limit of 6 even if only 1 angler catches all the fish.

PMEmail Poster
Fish4Dinner
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 08:55 pm

World Record Trout

Matt- I am not talking about pike. I am talking about bass. In zone 14 the bass limit per person is only 3. Meaning only 3 fish that one person can contribute to that livewell. So say you and I were on a team. You catch 4 four pound fish and I catch one pounders all day. If in that livewell there is 4 four pound fish... we broke the rules in the regulations as you contributed 4 and the limit is 3. Unless you let a 4 pounder go and keep my 1 pounder.

Zone 14
Bass ... Sports license allows only 3 fish. Everywhere else you are allow 6 in this series of lakes.

Not trying to cause you problems... trying to prevent one.

PMEmail Poster
Putaforkinya
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 09:10 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Fish4Dinner @ Mar 27, 2018 - 09:55 pm)
Matt-  I am not talking about pike.  I am talking about bass.  In zone 14 the bass limit per person is only 3.  Meaning only 3 fish that one person can contribute to that livewell.  So say you and I were on a team.  You catch 4 four pound fish and I catch one pounders all day.  If in that livewell there is 4 four pound fish... we broke the rules in the regulations as you contributed 4 and the limit is 3.  Unless you let a 4 pounder go and keep my 1 pounder.

Zone 14
Bass ... Sports license allows only 3 fish.  Everywhere else you are allow 6 in this series of lakes.

Not trying to cause you problems... trying to prevent one.

I hear u. And that's y I said I like your idea of the someone must have at least 2 fish of the 5.
Do u hear what I'm saying about the total weight for the whole series? It would short change the event to have a 3 fish limit.

By law yes someone would have to throw back a 4 pounder and keep a 1 pounder same way as if in the pike tournament if bringing back 3 fish to the weigh in 1 of those fish has to be caught by one of the anglers and the other can have 2.

@beers it doesn't mean u can't fish anymore if inhale 3 in the well bit it does mean you're fishing for nothing if your partner doesn't pick it up.

PMEmail Poster
beers
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 09:11 pm

World Record Trout

Could just pic another lake and the problem is solved

PMEmail Poster
Fish4Dinner
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 09:22 pm

World Record Trout

There is a reason why tournaments have 5 fish limits as the daily catch for most lakes are 6. They cannot even do 6 fish limits without breaking the rules in the regs. Technically after you have your limit in the well you cannot continue to fish and target that species. Even if you cull and plan to release. Once you catch and possess your limit.... you continue to target bass and land another one you are at that brief moment over your possession. At no time you can purposely and intentionally be over your possession.

PMEmail Poster
Fish Guru
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 06:31 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 7554

This winter I asked mnr officers that question about fishing after you have your limit and he said your allowed too

PMEmail Poster
sabby
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 07:20 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 9998

Find something else to worry about. Limit should be 5 between 2 anglers, no rule about who catches how many.

PMEmail Poster
Alphaalpha
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 07:37 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 6902

3fish limit for the tourney and make all the tournament standings point based pro rated for the amount of teams in each. It wouldnít be hard to do it mathematically and fairly.

Cheers,

AA

PMEmail Poster
zuperalexu
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 08:18 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7874

I was also checked this winter and I had my 2 laker limit at the time and the officer said I'm allowed to continue to fish.

PMEmail Poster
Putaforkinya
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 08:21 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (beers @ Mar 27, 2018 - 09:46 pm)
So if you or your partner catches the first 3 fish then they canít fish anymore they will have there possession limit and will have 2 sit out the rest of the day?
You canít group fish by law so the only way for this to work without cheating/breaking laws is to have it 3 fish limit.

Bass tournaments have a 5 fish limit for this reason as you and your partner canít go over your limit of 6 even if only 1 angler catches all the fish.

@beers @fish4dinner
So if you're ice fishing on simcoe and catch you.limit of 2 whitefish and 2 laketrout you automatically have to go home and can't fish any More? That's not how it works. You can still fish but have to catch and release.

As for bass tournaments you're assuming that places all over the world have a limit of 6 just like the kawarthas. The whole Florida State that has massive tournaments on such lakes as lake Okeechobee has a bass limit of 5 per person. I'm sure you watch the tournaments on tv and see that guys have 5 fish in the well and keep fishing and that's in a lot of ONE person tournaments and tournaments where the amateur anglers fish doesn't even count as the same limit.
Attached Image

That is Florida though so as for zone 14 which is what we are talking about. Both the Mississauga bassmasters and the Georgian bay bassmasters have a limit of 5 in their tournaments on Georgian bay. So I don't see why all of a sudden a 5 fish limit is a problem.

Attached ImageAttached Image

@alpha I knew that was coming about the standings in points.
I believe it's more fun by weight unless every single tournament has the same amount of people in it and the exact same people in it in every tournament. Other wise guys like me who fish everyone get an advantage just simply by fishing all of them where as per weight you still need to do well after you show up.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3 4 > »»  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace