Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Scugog fishing on fire today, A little bit of everything
colanut
Posted: Jul 02, 2018 - 02:22 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 14818

I decided to stay close to home and fish Scugog. I was on the water around 8am and tried drift fishing near the Port Perry boat launch. Boat traffic was not too bad, and a small breeze was blowing east. Tried some rapalas but no dice. Went to a worm harness and caught a pile of small perch, sunfish and rock bass. Loads of fun, but not what I was looking for. Headed to spot number 2, and stuck to the warm harness. Once again, bunches of panfish but still fun. Off to spot # 3. Again, the panfish love my worms, but where are the big bass? One more cast I tell myself that actually was more like 20, and wham, big ol bass took me for a ride. Okay, not really big as he was only around 2 lbs. But that's what I was targetting. The wind picks up and and it looks like rain and thunder. Started back, and since the wind died down a bit, I thought I 'd hit spot # 2 again. Panfish all day long, every other cast, with the occasional salad to keep it interesting.

I check the time, the bad weather is coming soon according to the Weather Network, so I have to leave soon. I'll just finish with the last worm. I caught a weed. Can't end like that, so on goes the next final worm. My line hits the bottom and stops moving, drat's more weeds. Hang on, it moving, and it's heavy! Could it be a muskie? I try and get it up, but it's not moving. What is it? I see it, it looks like a fat muskie! Good thing I stayed. Hang on, that not a muskie, It's a walleye and a giant! Finally landed it, no thanks to the net guy (that was me too). A big, healthy, and fat 25 incher. Woo hoo! I took some pics, and revived her slowly, then let her go and got a nice tail splash as a fine how do you do. So the final tally was four bass, one walleye, and a boatload of panfish. What a day. Until next time.

PMEmail Poster
colanut
Posted: Jul 02, 2018 - 02:33 pm

Smolt Trout

Pics

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
colanut
Posted: Jul 02, 2018 - 02:34 pm

Smolt Trout

Here's another

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Paul j
Posted: Jul 02, 2018 - 02:40 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 9597

Nice job Phil, that Helix 7 is bringing you good luck 👍 maybe Iíll see you on Balsam Saturday. Congrats on your catch.

PMEmail Poster
MikeyLovesMuskies
Posted: Jul 02, 2018 - 04:20 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 14137

I bet that Cola tasted so sweet in that heat . That's a nice looking Walleye, Phil

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace