Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: «« < 3 4 5   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Busted, Over fishing
Fish4Dinner
Posted: Apr 03, 2018 - 07:24 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

Yup... lots of bad people every where and anywhere. All culture, race, religion, young and old. Either poaching wildlife, robbing banks, frauding seniors, etc etc. These people should all be looked at as individuals and not represent the majority.

My only question is..... for fish? Really... is fish that great to go this this extent?

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Apr 03, 2018 - 08:04 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

Holy smokes......what a lynch mob.

very happy some of you are Judges to say the least.....wow.

he got caught and judge rendered fine......that is it. MNRF may have asked for more, but they only brought him to justice as is their job

lastly, ya, I aslo get many American folk out on my boar and most are great people a are
Canucks, Australians, Japanese and whatever other nation you can name or think of.

Someone else mentioned, look no further than your own backyard...so true (meaning locals)

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
king killer
Posted: Apr 03, 2018 - 08:14 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3332

QUOTE (capable1 @ Apr 03, 2018 - 06:40 pm)
Yes our government did do that , but you guys have missed the point as to why we are hear on this post topic, and that is an american and his wife came hear to Canada with the intent to rob us of our resources on there vacation, built a false bottom freezer and everything, period.

No point was missed here. I don't agree with what he did. He was fined accordingly! Get over it. The American mentality comment was out of line. Jmo

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: Apr 04, 2018 - 02:37 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

To further dispel the notion that all Americans are poachers, here are some 'kind word' his countrymen had to say about him on another site!

The sad part s he will be moving about the country plying his trade. A false hold in a freezer doesn't just happen.
Hope he's on the Federal Fish and Wildlife watch list!

I like the cost of the fine. He's lucky they didn't take his boat/trailer and equipment as well.
Just did some math: overlimit of 87 x 150/fish = 13,050 possible variable: court costs

x2 Premeditated. They didn't mention any fines/license suspension for his spouse accomplice.

If he did it there, he has done it in Michigan!!

They should of took the boat, camper, and vehicle since it was all used in the crime.

PMEmail Poster
amarinig
  Posted: Apr 12, 2018 - 12:33 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 8542

I dont think i've ever caught that many walleye in my life...so far.

PMEmail Poster
miro
Posted: Apr 12, 2018 - 02:35 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3947

$13,000 Ha Ha!! Do any of you guys really think he's going to pay this fine. Will he get a criminal record for this? I,m not sure the mnr has the time or resources to enforce this without help on the American side. Half decent lawyer and this guy is walking away with a $1,200 fine and a slap on the wrist.

PMEmail Poster
Fishsniffer
Posted: Apr 12, 2018 - 04:53 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1597

QUOTE (miro @ Apr 12, 2018 - 02:35 pm)
$13,000 Ha Ha!! Do any of you guys really think he's going to pay this fine. Will he get a criminal record for this? I,m not sure the mnr has the time or resources to enforce this without help on the American side. Half decent lawyer and this guy is walking away with a $1,200 fine and a slap on the wrist.

If that !!!

Lawyer will make more than fine when all said and done .

PMEmail Poster
HuskyMusky
Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 05:21 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 11716

when there is the extra effort of deceit with a hidden compartment or multiple offences, they deserve the license removed permanently......watch how fast u get more compliance with stiffer and criminal penalties....

We all want a fishery for our children and grand children. and with all the other environmental factors stacked against our fishery......this needs to be punished severely

#banned for life.......

PMEmail Poster
fishncook
Posted: Apr 18, 2018 - 07:47 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 15918

I hate poachers

PMEmail Poster
riplipsdrinkbusch
Posted: Apr 19, 2018 - 04:19 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 12688

The fines not enough. They should have took his vehicle and anything he owns that has to do with fishing plus the big fine.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: «« < 3 4 5  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace