Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Crappie Holland River
riverrat
Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 08:20 am

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 884

Is anyone catching crappie yet in the Holland River? Planning on going out today. If anyone has an tips please let me know. TIA

PMEmail Poster
fishinguy14
Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 08:29 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 4019

No idea if anyone is catching, but seen the bucket brigade out in a couple spots already over the past week.

PMEmail Poster
Originalfive
Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 11:57 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 10835

The fishes are probably there already. Everyone is keeping a tight lip about it. If you do decide to go today and you catch PM me

PM
perchinator
Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 01:42 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 4768

Drove by today and they are fishing shoulder to shoulder, saw them putting fish in the buckets. Could not stop to check was late for work already. but they are catching! how do you get to fish on a monday i will never know

PMEmail Poster
iFrankie
Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 02:14 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 10982

I will never go fishing there because the water is toxic. Think you'd eat the crappie from the river? Better think twice.

LAKE SIMCOE REGION CONSERVATION AUTHORITY released a report in 2000 which covered a lot of information about their study on East Holland River Subwatershed. The report revealed that:

"Over all, the water quality of the East Holland River is poor with 12 of the 18 parameters examined exceeding their Provincial Water Quality Objectives (PWQOs) . The six parameters discussed above are found in concentrations high enough to seriously impact the aquatic ecosystem and reduce the recreational opportunities of the river."

[I][/I]

Yes, that was a report from 18 years ago. Have the results been improved since then? I personally don't think so.

PMEmail Poster
Originalfive
Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 02:44 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 10835

QUOTE (iFrankie @ Apr 09, 2018 - 02:14 pm)
I will never go fishing there because the water is toxic. Think you'd eat the crappie from the river? Better think twice.

LAKE SIMCOE REGION CONSERVATION AUTHORITY released a report in 2000 which covered a lot of information about their study on East Holland River Subwatershed. The report revealed that:

"Over all, the water quality of the East Holland River is poor with 12 of the 18 parameters examined exceeding their Provincial Water Quality Objectives (PWQOs) . The six parameters discussed above are found in concentrations high enough to seriously impact the aquatic ecosystem and reduce the recreational opportunities of the river."

[I][/I]

Yes, that was a report from 18 years ago. Have the results been improved since then? I personally don't think so.

Regardless of how polluted the water is people are still going to be catching and consuming fish from that area. Even if the government decided to fence off the entire area due to toxic water people will still find a way over the fence to fish

I personally wouldn't keep fishes from there but that wouldn't stop me from fishing that area trying to catch that 2lbs plus monster

PM
Getin
Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 09:11 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 3407

I was there this morning at 7:15 and not a soul there. Wetted a line for half an hour and nothing. I guess I should have stayed longer loll

PMEmail Poster
Sveeedaa
Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 09:33 pm

Fry

Member No.: 9280

They are around !!

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
sniperlee
Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 10:52 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 939

Nice haul. Love watchin the bobber drop.

PMEmail Poster
kingphoenix
Posted: Apr 10, 2018 - 12:24 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10053

QUOTE (iFrankie @ Apr 09, 2018 - 02:14 pm)

[I][/I]

Almost everywhere the water quality has improved over the last 18 years, environmental laws are tougher than ever.

It was my understanding that the crappie only come into the river to spawn and they live most of their lives in the main lake, so not the worst.

PMEmail Poster
riverrat
Posted: Apr 10, 2018 - 12:34 pm

Lunker Trout

I tried yesterday and skunked but there was a group not far from me and they were catching just not in my spot did not want to move in on them. But they had the spot.

PMEmail Poster
ice_addict
Posted: Apr 10, 2018 - 01:17 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 2648

Hey kingphoenix,

I was going to say the exact same thing regarding both points but figured why bother. People believe what they want to believe. If you are catching and eating fishing out of Cooks there is a good chance that at some point that same fish lived or spent time in the river.

Ice_addict

PMEmail Poster
austinfish
Posted: Apr 10, 2018 - 09:54 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 12603

QUOTE (riverrat @ Apr 10, 2018 - 12:34 pm)
I tried yesterday and skunked but there was a group not far from me and they were catching just not in my spot did not want to move in on them. But they had the spot.

Did u fish from shore?

PMEmail Poster
FishNputt
Posted: Apr 11, 2018 - 09:18 am

Fry

Member No.: 4786

QUOTE (ice_addict @ Apr 10, 2018 - 01:17 pm)
Hey kingphoenix,

I was going to say the exact same thing regarding both points but figured why bother. People believe what they want to believe. If you are catching and eating fishing out of Cooks there is a good chance that at some point that same fish lived or spent time in the river.

Ice_addict

My sentiments exactly

PMEmail Poster
riverrat
Posted: Apr 11, 2018 - 12:33 pm

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (austinfish @ Apr 10, 2018 - 09:54 pm)
QUOTE (riverrat @ Apr 10, 2018 - 12:34 pm)

Did u fish from shore?

Yes I was on the shore. Going again tomorrow and will try to get the spot!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace