Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Float tube fishing, Savage gear belly boat with oars
RAM3500
Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 10:27 am

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 11509

Good day everyone. Has anyone been using these types for fishing remote lakes.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
GrandRiverWill
Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 02:22 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12632

No a kayak is far superior and probably very close in price anways

PMEmail Poster
moroojimuu
Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 03:28 pm

Fry

Member No.: 7533

I've got mine at Basspro Shop around $120 - it is smaller, no seat and oars /oar stopper.

I've only used once in last Summer but I love it !

What I like about this is that I don't need anything to add to my car, I can walk in/out shore easily. I can put my tube, pump, fins and all other small stuffs into a mid-size storage box.

I'm not sure about cold/windy weather with it, though.

Can't wait to use it in this Summer !

PMEmail Poster
donnypotato
Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 06:23 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 15247

well i kayak and plan to keep kayaking, you can buy a middle class kayak for 300-600 and have better storage stability and better navigation so I strongly recomend you dont take that on a romote lake in general.

your choice not mine dont get me wrong those tubes are cool lol but its not my thing

PMEmail Poster
thrillhouse
Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 08:08 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 3420

He's not asking about kayaks, I'm sure he knows about them and their limits. These tubes are for a different, more limited application. I can think of a few lakes that this would be perfect for. These lakes I have tried to carry my kayak to and paid the price for it. Sure you would have to pick your days but I think they would be a very fun experience.

Unfortunately, I've never used one so I can't comment on their effectiveness!!

PMEmail Poster
RAM3500
Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 08:31 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (thrillhouse @ Apr 09, 2018 - 08:08 pm)
He's not asking about kayaks, I'm sure he knows about them and their limits. These tubes are for a different, more limited application. I can think of a few lakes that this would be perfect for. These lakes I have tried to carry my kayak to and paid the price for it. Sure you would have to pick your days but I think they would be a very fun experience.

Yes I plan to use it in difficulty areas I fish. You should see some videos on this particular model 170. Ordered it this afternoon through the business from Fish USA. I have my own brokerage company I use for the business in North Carolina that ships our products. Should be here in 2 weeks and will post it all set up. Wanted to hike in for 45 m to several spots for specs this coming May long weekend taking the whole week off. Others are coming but can fish only a few spots off shore. Another toy to the arsenal tackle.

PMEmail Poster
Nuclear
Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 08:40 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 3419

just curious what would be the weight of that floating tube

PMEmail Poster
RAM3500
Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 08:56 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (Nuclear @ Apr 09, 2018 - 08:40 pm)
just curious what would be the weight of that floating tube

PMEmail Poster
RAM3500
Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 08:57 pm

Adult Trout

Scroll down to fish elite you tub video.

PMEmail Poster
RAM3500
Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 09:01 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (RAM3500 @ Apr 09, 2018 - 08:57 pm)
Scroll down to fish elite you tub video.

PMEmail Poster
CousinHippy
Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 10:09 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 8483

Less painful if you don't try to bush whack perfectly parallel to the road... Just saying. I posted on another thread that I personally fear the whole inflatables VS fish hooks confrontation that being said I can't say the thought hasn't crossed my mind but I would have to bring along a super cheap dinghy as a fail safe that can hopefully be pumped up before the main one deflates in a worst case scenario.

PMEmail Poster
kingphoenix
Posted: Apr 10, 2018 - 10:32 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10053

QUOTE (CousinHippy @ Apr 09, 2018 - 10:09 pm)

Less painful if you don't try to bush whack perfectly parallel to the road... Just saying. I posted on another thread that I personally fear the whole inflatables VS fish hooks confrontation that being said I can't say the thought hasn't crossed my mind but I would have to bring along a super cheap dinghy as a fail safe that can hopefully be pumped up before the main one deflates in a worst case scenario.

A quality inflatable has pretty decent puncture resistance. Most will have multiple air chambers in case of a leak. A hook size hole wont leak air very quickly and could be dealt with by simply topping up the air or using a small patch.

As long as you are not casting for your first time or have kids its pretty hard to hook something that is so close to you at an angle that would drive it into the tube.

PMEmail Poster
Nuclear
Posted: Apr 10, 2018 - 05:48 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 3419

Thanks Ram3500

PMEmail Poster
Ionstorm
Posted: Apr 10, 2018 - 09:01 pm

Fry

Member No.: 12945

I cant speak directly on how it is fishing out of a float tube. I debated between a float tube and a inflatable kayak to use one some small local water and went with the inflatable kayak.

They are surprisingly difficult to puncture. Just make sure whichever one you get is made of a good material. they all have different abrasion resistance. Make sure it also has multiple chambers, in case one does pop.

PMEmail Poster
CousinHippy
Posted: Apr 10, 2018 - 09:17 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 8483

Hey kingphoenix it's not as much the casting I worry about as the pandemonium while trying to land a fish that may spit the hook while you are trying to net it or something(if I have learned anything yak fishing last summer is to not even bother trying to land a fish without a net in a kayak I would have to imagine a float tube wouldn't be much different) but I am just speculating some most likely unfounded fears and have no actual experience with these so my thoughts on the subject should really be taken with a grain of salt

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace