Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> shiner minnow regulation, using a common cage trap
donnypotato
Posted: Apr 10, 2018 - 09:00 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 15247

I always catch my own shiners for bait in small streams off of lake cuchiching but i recently heard there is regulations even for minnows lol can someone please explain them for me and cant find them in zone 16 regs and i dont want to get in any trouble or damage anything

PMEmail Poster
baitcaster34
Posted: Apr 10, 2018 - 09:13 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11136

I did a screenshot of the regs for you. If your looking for it in the regs it's in the first couple pages after general rules. Also beware some lakes and tribs don't allow for capture of live bait so you have to get use to looking at the regs and especially the exceptions list.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Cichlid
Posted: Apr 10, 2018 - 09:14 pm

Fry

Member No.: 10258

The fishing regs has a section on baitfish. You are supposed to label the trap with your name and number if you leave it unattended and the maximum number of baitfish permitted at any one time I believe is 120. You should also ensure the baitfish are in fact legal. Emerald shiners are legal but not all 'minnows' are legal. The list is easily found on the ministry website. Check the regs, I am going off memory.

PMEmail Poster
donnypotato
Posted: Apr 10, 2018 - 09:18 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 15247

wow ok i only keep 20 or so shiners so thank feels nice to be respectful to all the regs in my area i see people break then to often

PMEmail Poster
baitcaster34
Posted: Apr 10, 2018 - 09:20 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11136

might as well put the bait fish list then lol if you get a goby you have to kill it and dispose of it 30m from any waterway.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
CousinHippy
Posted: Apr 10, 2018 - 09:25 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 8483

Better plug your phone in bc34!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace