Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Santa Lucia, Cuba Santa Lucia Brisas
jayazoomy
Posted: Apr 13, 2018 - 04:31 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 3901

Anyone been here fishing heading ther wed brought all kinds of gear Muskie lures reg body baited 1-3 ounce jig heads tons of plastic imitation giant hooks size 6-11 small bait hooks size 2-12 2 big trolling rods and reels one with 40 pound other with 150 pound braid 3 spinning rods one with 20 pound one with 12 and one with 8 pound for bait and a few extra spoils of line steel lleader 1/2 oz- 4 oz weights should be set up for any fishing lol we mostly got big needle fish our last place and small coodas and lots of small fish just wondering if anyone has fished this area

PMEmail Poster
jayazoomy
Posted: Apr 13, 2018 - 04:55 pm

Trophy Trout

Also have 30-50-80 pound leader line lol

PMEmail Poster
jayazoomy
Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 07:56 am

Trophy Trout

So no one here has been to Santa lucia

PMEmail Poster
kaster63
Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 02:41 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 2936

If you are at a resort get out on one of the little sail boats and troll along the reef as fast as you can or walk along the beach away from the crowds and cast out and retrieve as fast as you can. Large hair jigs, body baits, spoons...silver. Don't forget leaders, lots of toothy critters.

PMEmail Poster
gotfish
Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 10:57 pm

Fry

Member No.: 5594

dragging hair jigs or swim baits behind a peddle boat works great. Try to hook up with Aris he works security next door at the club Santa Lucia. We fish fished from shore at nite and caught 6-8 red snapper on cut bait. Aris and another guy that works were you are staying were the perfect guides and asked for nothing n return. a throw net is you best chance of getting any good bait to use. Ask around for Aris

PMEmail Poster
gotfish
Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 11:15 pm

Fry

Member No.: 5594

I waded in the water every day fishing. White hair jigs were the most productive aside from live bait. If you can catch the little mullet type fish along shore and toss them out on a big circle hook on heavy mono, you can catch lots of small cudas. Caught bone fish on a drop shot dragged behind peddle boat. This place was by far the best shore fishing resort area that I have ever been to. 45 min up the road is cocoa beach were there is some great tarpon fishing. Find Dennis a beach vendor and go to his cousins fro lobster dinner at cocoa beach and do some fishing while you are there.. Just writing this has me wishing I was there again.

PMEmail Poster
jayazoomy
Posted: Apr 15, 2018 - 10:37 am

Trophy Trout

Nice thanks ya brought lots of small tackle and my drop net for bait I know the one lifeguard here so he will hook me up with bait for bait I was to hammered last time to really fish much plan on doind lots this time have many big body baits and lots of good set ups for live bait fishing and trolling should be fun leave in three days brought a bunch of rods so can fish with some locals and let them use one if the need to

PMEmail Poster
jayazoomy
Posted: Apr 18, 2018 - 04:02 am

Trophy Trout

At the airport fish on soon

PMEmail Poster
Icemanjay
Posted: Apr 18, 2018 - 05:22 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 13620

I've never been, but sounds like a great time. Good luck!

PMEmail Poster
Lanternman75
Posted: Apr 18, 2018 - 08:52 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 11376

I've fished Cayo Coco just up from where you are and it was allot of fun, i mostly fished from shore and caught all kinds of smaller reef fish and one that looked like a man face. Met another Canadian who caught a small flounder on a piece of hot dog. Did a charter once with some buddies and got an Albacore Tuna and Barracuda on that trip but that was in Varidero, was not my cup of tea as we just trolled but still fun to reel in the big boys. I hear the best fishing in Cuba is on the Caribbean side but i cant complain small plastics with jig head worked the best for me but small mepps spinners were also getting me lots of smaller fish. By the time i went home all my tackle was gone between snagging on rocks and trading locals for carved stones so now i bring rods and reels to give away. Met a local who let me try trowing a net for these shad looking fish and man that is harder then the locals make it look. He said they do allot of tilapia fishing in the lakes and offered to take me but timing did not allow it that trip. Hoping to get back out this summer, hope you had a great time

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Marketplace