» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Just Another “Crappie” Law Breaker, $3000 fine - 37 Over Limit
hungjai
Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 08:48 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 13342

QUOTE (mikechen92 @ Apr 15, 2018 - 09:48 pm)
Just read this and it angers me so much... There are more and more Chinese anglers on the waters nowadays (myself being one of them), and it really ruins our reputation when I see stuff like this. I just want to say that not all of us behave this way on the water, and I personally will see to this article being shared as a warning message on all the Chinese social media that I have access to. Ontario's fishery is a precious resource that all anglers must respect, and I just want to apologize for this guy's utter disregard for the rules/regulations.

I feel the same way... Chinese people get a bad name when it comes to this stuff (The older generation - I think)

PMEmail Poster
Originalfive
Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 09:11 am

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 10835

QUOTE (hungjai @ Apr 16, 2018 - 08:48 am)
Just read this and it angers me so much... There are more and more Chinese anglers on the waters nowadays (myself being one of them), and it really ruins our reputation when I see stuff like this. I just want to say that not all of us behave this way on the water, and I personally will see to this article being shared as a warning message on all the Chinese social media that I have access to. Ontario's fishery is a precious resource that all anglers must respect, and I just want to apologize for this guy's utter disregard for the rules/regulations. 

I feel the same way... Chinese people get a bad name when it comes to this stuff (The older generation - I think)

A lot of main land Chinese people don't give a crap and are usually the ones over fishing. This ruins it for other Chinese/Asian ethic groups that fish within the law.

PM
finsfurfeathers
Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 09:27 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 656

QUOTE (Originalfive @ Apr 16, 2018 - 09:11 am)
QUOTE (hungjai @ Apr 16, 2018 - 08:48 am)

A lot of main land Chinese people don't give a crap and are usually the ones over fishing. This ruins it for other Chinese/Asian ethic groups that fish within the law.

It has been a common theme for the latest immigrant race to rape the outdoors starting with the very first English settlers. Usually takes the second generation to "educate" the pervious generation on what is socially acceptable.
It is what is so good on you to try and modify their current behavior.
Unfortunately with most people in general its the stick that's gets them and keeps them in line.
Tough enforcement is the only way to save/maintain out natural resources.

PMEmail Poster
Fish4Dinner
Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 01:50 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 26

Every race breaks the law equally.... just that Asians break the rules in such pathetic ways. Pan fish? Lol. At least the American went after walleye and was clever to have a hidden compartment. It is like robbing a bank vs to robbing a dollar store. Both highly illegal but if you going to do it.... go big or go home!

PMEmail Poster
GrandRiverWill
Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 01:58 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12632

QUOTE (Fish4Dinner @ Apr 16, 2018 - 02:50 pm)
Every race breaks the law equally.... just that Asians break the rules in such pathetic ways. Pan fish? Lol. At least the American went after walleye and was clever to have a hidden compartment. It is like robbing a bank vs to robbing a dollar store. Both highly illegal but if you going to do it.... go big or go home!

Not to be a smart a## but statistics say otherwise.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/c...tables/table-21

PMEmail Poster
Fish4Dinner
Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 02:06 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (GrandRiverWill @ Apr 16, 2018 - 01:58 pm)
Every race breaks the law equally.... just that Asians break the rules in such pathetic ways.  Pan fish?  Lol.  At least the American went after walleye and was clever to have a hidden compartment.  It is like robbing a bank vs to robbing a dollar store.  Both highly illegal but if you going to do it.... go big or go home! 

Was only referring to fishing offences.

PMEmail Poster
GrandRiverWill
Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 02:13 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12632

QUOTE (Fish4Dinner @ Apr 16, 2018 - 03:06 pm)
QUOTE (GrandRiverWill @ Apr 16, 2018 - 01:58 pm)
Every race breaks the law equally.... just that Asians break the rules in such pathetic ways.  Pan fish?  Lol.  At least the American went after walleye and was clever to have a hidden compartment.  It is like robbing a bank vs to robbing a dollar store.  Both highly illegal but if you going to do it.... go big or go home! 

Was only referring to fishing offences.

Oh LOL

Well better watch out for them White People when it comes to other offenses haha

PMEmail Poster
BlackCrowe13
Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 02:54 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9047

Lol, as I mentioned when I posted... not intended to start a flame fest or civil war. I really don’t think it’s a race thing.

The more folks we have from other countries (and we have more in Canada everyday), the more are going to go fishing. Look around you in any community... there are people from every corner of the globe. It’s just a part of our multicultural society in Canada.

Amazing conservationists come from all cultures, and real aholes come from all cultures as well.

Each individual has to make their own choices no matter their race. Just my 2 cents CAD.

PMEmail Poster
Fishsniffer
Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 03:21 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1597

Like the saying goes there's A holes on every corner.

Hard to find good people now in days .

PMEmail Poster
7rubicon
Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 05:46 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 574

Upon a conviction for a hunting or fishing violation I would like to see a one day classroom course on limits ethics and why we have regulations.just my 2 cents

PMEmail Poster
torontosteve
Posted: Apr 24, 2018 - 09:09 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 15334

over fishing or hunting should be considered poaching. I think they should have took everything he used to facilitate the crime...take his car, equipment, etc....and fine him.

Make him fish his weight in gobbies to remove them from our systems. lol

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace