Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Prop size? Lund 1875 pro guide tiller - 90hp 4s me
Andrew27
Posted: Mar 10, 2018 - 07:22 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 15757

Hey I'm waiting to pick up this set up, dealer package since it's 2017. They have a 13x18 vengeance ss prop on the boat, wondering if anyone has this boat and motor, and what prop are you guys running and what rpms do you achieve at wide open? From the research I've done up to this point, the boat will be over propped straight off the lot. I'd like to get some real info about what you guys are running and getting out of your boats. The dealer is just over 6 hours from me, so I'd hate to get home and on the water just to find out that I gotta take my boat out of service to send them the prop back and get a proper size. Thanks in advance.

PMEmail Poster
Nuclear
Posted: Mar 11, 2018 - 02:28 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 3419

My opinion run the boat first the way it is then you decide if you need to make some changes learn your boat and waters before you get a stainless steel prop little things make big differences at the end congrats on the boat .I bought a new boat 2yrs ago and love it took me a couple of years to find what I was looking for .

PMEmail Poster
RHYBAK
Posted: Mar 12, 2018 - 06:49 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 2426

Why would a dealer or LUND give you an improper propeller?

I never even researched my prop nor its performance.

I put the boat in the water and ran it as is.
Trust the manufacturers.

PMEmail Poster
Bobinette
Posted: Mar 12, 2018 - 09:14 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 10778

Why on earth would the dealer install or you request a prop other than what is stock on the motor? Especially if youíre not even sure what it will do to the boat? This makes zero sense to me!!!!!?????

PMEmail Poster
mydogbites
Posted: Mar 12, 2018 - 11:32 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 414

I have a 60 mercury factory installed on a lund the boat is rated for up to a 90. If you go to the mercury website they will match the prop for you, there are options. Mine came with a 3 fin and with three people in the boat it plowed a bit, so I changed it to a four fin spitfire by mercury, night and day difference.

PMEmail Poster
Miha
Posted: Mar 12, 2018 - 08:26 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 4230

QUOTE (Bobinette @ Mar 12, 2018 - 09:14 am)
Why on earth would the dealer install or you request a prop other than what is stock on the motor? Especially if youíre not even sure what it will do to the boat? This makes zero sense to me!!!!!?????

Because stock prop on the motor doesn't fit the boat?

Dealer installed a motor on my boat several years ago (bought the boat without outboard) and the stock prop was 17 pitch, which was way too fast, the motor was very unhappy. I had to buy a new prop with 14 pitch and it fits perfectly.

To answer the question for the topicstarter: You never know upfront. If I were you I would make them to change the prop to a cheapo generic aluminum which kinda fits and upgrade afterwards based on experience.

PMUsers Website
Bobinette
Posted: Mar 12, 2018 - 11:23 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 10778

QUOTE (Miha @ Mar 12, 2018 - 08:26 pm)
QUOTE (Bobinette @ Mar 12, 2018 - 09:14 am)

Because stock prop on the motor doesn't fit the boat?

Dealer installed a motor on my boat several years ago (bought the boat without outboard) and the stock prop was 17 pitch, which was way too fast, the motor was very unhappy. I had to buy a new prop with 14 pitch and it fits perfectly.

To answer the question for the topicstarter: You never know upfront. If I were you I would make them to change the prop to a cheapo generic aluminum which kinda fits and upgrade afterwards based on experience.

Now you both make no sense! He is not buying a naked boat without an outboard, he is buying the whole bowl of wax from the dealer!!

The dealer lives 6 hrs from him and he is going to test the prop on a rig thatís likely $40+k!?!? So he should buy 10 difference props and test them all while the dealer is in another province possibly?

Think about it......logically though! Would you buy a car from a dealer 6 hrs away with tires that may or may not fit it?

Make sure that the dealer does the testing before you hitch up to the boat.

PMEmail Poster
Andrew27
Posted: Mar 13, 2018 - 12:46 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 15757

Thanks for the info guys, and dealers often put a prop on with the wrong pitch. Your motors are meant to run as certain rpms at WOT, it'll still run if it isn't hitting the rpms, but the warranty will be void and your just damaging your motor over time. I'll make sure I get the techs write up, and what rpms he got. I know one guy testing it with a almost empty tank won't be as low as me and a buddy or two, gear and full gas tank. Thanks again no hard feelings glad you put your 2 cents in.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace