Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What Equipment is Failing? Stretch a few more wks, Trying to keep it working!
miro
Posted: Mar 12, 2018 - 05:05 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 3947

Never did understand why Eskimo makes there bags such a tight fit. Sometimes you have to take your gloves off to get a good grip on the tent when shoving it in the bag. When it's -20 out and the wind is blowing like a son of a gun,you should't have to struggle with it. Just make the bags a little bigger Eskimo.

PMEmail Poster
Grandpa Jim
Posted: Mar 12, 2018 - 08:03 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 5550

Eskimo storage bag problem solved!! Found a forgotten heavy duty old golf travel cover that must have been designed back in the days of long shafted drivers. Fits beautifully and zippers up easily, completely covering the hub hut. Only downside is that my dearly beloved made the suggestion originally and feels she should be taken fishing as a reward!!

PMEmail Poster
landonfish
Posted: Mar 13, 2018 - 10:19 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 5784

QUOTE (browns @ Mar 11, 2018 - 12:23 pm)
Driveway markers make great replacement poles .....I was able to knock the ball off my broken pole and get it into the replace ment ....just make sure you bottom out the new pole into the ball part.

x2

PMEmail Poster
kingphoenix
Posted: Mar 13, 2018 - 12:17 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10053

Anyone have issues with Frabill pop ups? Got a wicked deal on a Frabill 6 man, don't think ill get it out to test until next season. Set it up in the living room to make sure its not missing anything, its huge, lots of space for the kids to move around inside!!

PMEmail Poster
colanut
Posted: Mar 13, 2018 - 04:49 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 14818

I have an Eskimo 3I portable tent. It doesn't always go back in the bag the way it comes out. This year, I didn't try and put it in the bag until I got back to the truck, where I can put it on hard ground and some protection for the wind. I simply put it in my pull sled and pile the gear on top. This seemed to work quite well this year, although I only did it about a dozen times.

My old pop up was an HT Instashak, and the second time I brought my son he wanted to help take it down and snapped a pole. I duck taped it as a spare, but I called HT and they sent me one for free. When I had a similar problem with my Eskimo, I was able to buy them from Canada for about $12, so I bought a spare.

I use a hand auger, and also carry a red neck chisel (also use as a spud bar), I don't have to worry about dull blades if I forget to sharpen it.

I pretty much eat, sleep and plan fishing, so I try and cover all my bases, and do it on the cheap. Good form of exercise while I can, and my wife leaves me to it.

PMEmail Poster
Dbfish
Posted: Mar 13, 2018 - 09:03 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1601

QUOTE (Grandpa Jim @ Mar 11, 2018 - 01:44 pm)
I'm struggling with maintaining the few functioning grey cells with which I have been blessed!!
Actually I picked up an Eskimo Quick 3 hub hut which I am quite happy with until it comes time to wrap it up and place it back in the bag with which it came. A real battle to get the buqqer back in the bag. Add to that the embarrassment of having fishing buddies calling a full half hour prior to the established departure time to "remind" me to start taking down my hut so they don't have to wait on their quads in the cold, windy conditions.
Any constructive suggestions to speed up the packing procedure would be greatly appreciated.
If all else fails, a bigger/wider storage bag seems to be a likely solution.

Two bungee cords,wrap it up high and in the middle,done! Throw the bag where it belongs!

PMEmail Poster
Dbfish
Posted: Mar 13, 2018 - 09:12 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1601

Had a similar problem with my clam vista thermal last year.The hub insert cracked and would no longer hold the roof up properly.I ordered a full hub assembly in the summer and replaced it all.The cost was 25$ for four poles and hub,with shipping it was 80$.Well worth it as I love the hut.Works like new and I have 4 spare poles! Also their zippers suck! So I sewed the second door completely shut,problem solved! Lol

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 08:11 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10648

QUOTE (xiaolu @ Mar 12, 2018 - 10:38 am)
QUOTE (browns @ Mar 12, 2018 - 09:37 am)
QUOTE (xiaolu @ Mar 12, 2018 - 07:16 am)
Well, two days ago on Saturday off BBP, right after I drilled a hole with my Milwaukee electric drill with CLAM adapter, I accidentally "drilled" my Lowrance Hook 5 fishfinder, and totally destroyed it (both the head unit and the transducer are now a total door stopper!:-). And I skunked.

Well, it's time I got an excuse to upgrade my fishfinder. Again! Attached Image Attached Image

Did it accidentally turn on while dragging your hut out to your spot ? I had this happen once and can't believe how lucky I was that it didn't wreck anything. Now I always make sure to turn off my drill when not in use.

that's right. I drilled the hole, and then put down the auger, but the handle on the CLAM plate which one'd pull away to start/power on drill somehow triggered the drill!!!!

Now you always make sure to turn off your drill when not in use? Thanks, and good to know and learn (I assume you meant the switch on the drill that you can push back and forth to turn off, turn on or reverse). Thanks again for the tip!

Put that switch in the middle and it is off.....also on save power mode.

PMEmail PosterYahoo

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace