Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ice in Port Bolster
moose1948
Posted: Mar 13, 2018 - 08:29 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 10864

For all of you guy who want to know about the ice it solid ask Taj at Cassey this guy still drive is SUV all over the place going to Thorad today and my friend change is mind today don't fill safe he said to go fishing when by my self and have a good day

PMEmail Poster
Gusterbuster
Posted: Mar 13, 2018 - 10:00 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 13434

Fished out of Port Bolster for the last three days. I too saw Taj of Casey's driving people out to his coops today in a automobile. Ice is still GREAT! Access is still great and the low temps forecast for this next week should keep it locked in. I didn't measure the ice but it has to be 18" thick. Four of us Michiganders came up just shy of our two day limits but most of the fish were real hogs! Most 12" and 13" inchers that I have ever seen in over twenty five years of fishing Simcoe. If my busy retirement schedule allows I may have to "Tell" my wife If I can go over one more time next week. All of us were amazed by how few fisherman were out there. I've been reading posts telling how poor the ice is on the lake and to stay off. That may be true but not at Port Bolster.

PMEmail Poster
turtle
Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 06:03 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 1194

Was out yesterday at Sibbald Pt. Ice is still tight to shoreline and hard est. 14-16 inches. Tough bite for me yesterday, moved 5-6 times and only caught keeper fish out of one hole. Marked fish on the sonar in all holes but they would chase up off bottom but not bite. Only maybe 6 people out within sight.

PMEmail Poster
moose1948
Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 07:45 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 10864

Same for me turtle mark lots of fish yesterday get lots of small one see lots of big one on the camera but no taker was hard day

PMEmail Poster
Mgentry14
Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 08:25 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 15695

Same here. Slow day yesterday in cooks lots of chasers but nothing more.. Anyone braving the wind today that wants some company?

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace