Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 > »»   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 2018 Gold bass series, Sign up here
beers
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 08:37 am

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 3763

If ice fishing and I have my limit yes I can keep fishing. If I catch another can I give it to my fishing partner who has none? 🤔

If I have 3 bass in my live well I can still keep fishing. If I another Iím allowed to give it to my partner who has none? 🤔

If I have 3 and catch a 4th do I have to immediately realease it of can I weigh them and release the smallest? 🤔

PMEmail Poster
Alphaalpha
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 08:38 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 6902

Pro rated point system for each teams top three finishes. It doesnít matter if you fish all or just three events. It eliminates the variance of a hard day (ex: super windy and canít get to good spots) where everyone has a low weight but if that was a teams 1 of 3 events they fished and did better than 20 other teams for the win then they deserve more points. If they won that day with 10lbs but you came in last on a day out of ten boats but you had 11lbs, under weight based standings you are higher. Which is ridiculous.

Points also allows you to have any number of fish for a tourney and if you wanted you could even add the pike tourney into the team of the year numbers.

PMEmail Poster
sabby
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 09:31 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 9998

Fork works hard to organize these tournaments. I've seen it happen time and time again, if you spend your time complaining and not helping than the tournaments stop happening.

PMEmail Poster
Alphaalpha
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 09:40 am

Parr Trout

He does work hard and itís very much appreciated. Iím offering a solution and willing to help implement it. Not complaining just trying to improve the series 😜👍

PMEmail Poster
sabby
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 09:46 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 9998

I wasn't directing my comment at anyone specific. It was just a reminder that there is a lot of work being put in by someone for a fun fishing series targeted towards entry level tournament fishing.

PMEmail Poster
beers
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 09:57 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (sabby @ Mar 28, 2018 - 09:31 am)
Fork works hard to organize these tournaments. I've seen it happen time and time again, if you spend your time complaining and not helping than the tournaments stop happening.

Whoís complaining? I Donít see any complaints. Just people trying to make it fair that no rules/cheating or laws are broken.
It would suck to see fork or anyone end up with fine for over a possession limit. (Not that it would happen).

How would you prove that a team member didnít catch all five fish. Iíve fished enough to know that it happens quite a bit

PMEmail Poster
Alphaalpha
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 10:00 am

Parr Trout

QUOTE (beers @ Mar 28, 2018 - 10:57 am)

Whoís complaining? I Donít see any complaints. Just people trying to make it fair that no rules/cheating or laws are broken.
It would suck to see fork or anyone end up with fine for over a possession limit. (Not that it would happen).

How would you prove that a team member didnít catch all five fish. Iíve fished enough to know that it happens quite a bit

Especially when Matt is your partner eh? 😆

PMEmail Poster
Putaforkinya
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 10:08 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 3100

QUOTE (Alphaalpha @ Mar 28, 2018 - 09:38 am)
Pro rated point system for each teams top three finishes. It doesnít matter if you fish all or just three events. It eliminates the variance of a hard day (ex: super windy and canít get to good spots) where everyone has a low weight but if that was a teams 1 of 3 events they fished and did better than 20 other teams for the win then they deserve more points. If they won that day with 10lbs but you came in last on a day out of ten boats but you had 11lbs, under weight based standings you are higher. Which is ridiculous.

Points also allows you to have any number of fish for a tourney and if you wanted you could even add the pike tourney into the team of the year numbers.

Although your pike comment is out to lunch considering this is a gold BASS series. I've always liked your point about the point system when u put it in context like your 11lbs and 10lbs example....

How ever there is no way to "pro rate" it. Unless the events have an equal number of people in each tourney . Say u come in first out of 25 boats then next tournament only 6 boats come out and the winner of 6 boats is supposed to have the same amount of points as someone who just beat a field of 25 and the boat that came in last with only one fish is supposed to get the same amount of points as the boat that got 15lbs and came in 6th of 25?
Not fair right?
Ok now how is it that u correct that?

PMEmail Poster
Fish4Dinner
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 10:20 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (Alphaalpha @ Mar 28, 2018 - 10:00 am)

Ouch!

Sabby- I brought up this point because Matt wasnít aware of zone 14 bass limit. If he was he would of picked another lake.

Mattís tournament rules always included we all obey the regs. Yes we can do a trust system that no member can contribute more then 3 fish that lake. But Murphyís law ... someone gets fine that day will sour the day.

PMEmail Poster
Putaforkinya
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 10:42 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Fish4Dinner @ Mar 28, 2018 - 11:20 am)
QUOTE (Alphaalpha @ Mar 28, 2018 - 10:00 am)

Ouch!

Sabby- I brought up this point because Matt wasnít aware of zone 14 bass limit. If he was he would of picked another lake.

Mattís tournament rules always included we all obey the regs. Yes we can do a trust system that no member can contribute more then 3 fish that lake. But Murphyís law ... someone gets fine that day will sour the day.

I'm totally aware of the zone 14 rule that's why I picked the date for it on it's opening day. This way we get 2 back to back "openers" other tournies do it on this lake with 5 fish as well and it's not a problem.

We have to trust that people are being within the laws just like how we have to trust people don't have baskets of fish hiding somewhere with 5 6 pounders in them. I'm all about being within the bounds of the law but there also has to be some trust.
Moving to another lake to stop possible cheaters of the law could go on and on.

There are people in this series that travel from Hamilton and Burlington I picked this lake as a closer route for them and other like them so they don't have to travel so far all the time.

I will explain the rules same way I do with the pike tourney when I make sure everyone has a measuring tape as they cannot keep 3 fish over 34" and so on. I will make sure everyone knows they will need a sportsman license before they fish gbay but in the end I can't govern if they decide to get one. If they don't and only have a conservation liscense and get caught by authorities that's on them not me. I make sure everyone signs a waiver and one rule in there is that it's up to each participant to know and obey the law however I do try to educate when I feel people may not know like circumstances like these..

PMEmail Poster
Alphaalpha
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 10:57 am

Parr Trout

ďProratingĒ is exactly what solves the issue you described above. For example each boat is worth 100points at a tournament. So if only 8 boats enter a tournament then there is a pool of 800 points to be divided up amongst however many get points for the day (letís say top 5) and maybe first gets 50% so 400 for that win. If an even has 20 boats the total pool is 2000 and first place would get 1000 points for that win. More competition = harder to win= more points. Also on a hard day or lake if there are lots of boats and someone wins they get lots of points. Even more than someone who wins on an easy lake or day against fewer boats but mightíve had a bigger weight.

There really isnít much downside to this other than not knowing exactly what weight you need to finish in the last tournament. You would however know what place you would need to finish in to move up/win.

Hope that is a bit more clear.

PMEmail Poster
Fish4Dinner
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 10:58 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 26

I am all for it Matt!

This is one of my home lake. just now got to find something to do after the first hour...

PMEmail Poster
Putaforkinya
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 11:13 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Alphaalpha @ Mar 28, 2018 - 11:57 am)
ďProratingĒ is exactly what solves the issue you described above. For example each boat is worth 100points at a tournament. So if only 8 boats enter a tournament then there is a pool of 800 points to be divided up amongst however many get points for the day (letís say top 5) and maybe first gets 50% so 400 for that win. If an even has 20 boats the total pool is 2000 and first place would get 1000 points for that win. More competition = harder to win= more points. Also on a hard day or lake if there are lots of boats and someone wins they get lots of points.  Even more than someone who wins on an easy lake or day against fewer boats but mightíve had a bigger weight.

There really isnít much downside to this other than not knowing exactly what weight you need to finish in the last tournament. You would however know what place you would need to finish in to move up/win.

Hope that is a bit more clear.

And u basically just pick points out of a hat for how many everyone gets each day?
Hmm wind from the east today and 10 boats but 2 were couples and so take that into account... 6000 points for everyone?
Will Oprah show up and say look under your seats free points for everyone?

It's still unclear how to have it set clear how many points each event is worth. Your comments about knowing how many points you would need for the last event is the same as how many pounds you need to win at the last event. In a perfect world when I get somebody at the weigh-in with the computer they can put in the numbers right away and you could say for example "team beers needs 6.2 lb to take the lead" and do it like that right on the spot. At the final event. During the actual mid-season of the series it would only be a matter of figuring out how to get rid of your lowest weight bags.
Most tournaments that have the point system it benefits those who fish every single event as they just accumulate point after point. Whereas doing it this way with weights and only counting a few tournaments then no one is obligated to make every single tournament as we all know things come up and life happens other than fishing.

@fish4dinner well it may be your home Lake but you had better hope your partner can land two fish otherwise you will be the prime example of a fisherman Letting Go 5 Pounders and coming in with only three fish to weigh LOL

PMEmail Poster
Alphaalpha
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 11:21 am

Parr Trout

Itís not arbitrary how many points each event is worth. Itís purely based on the number of boats. If 6 boats then 600. 20 boats then 2000. And just like cash prizes you have it set beforehand how many top teams gets ďpaidĒ and what % of the pot. Also you can simply do top 3 point totals out of all the events. It doesnít have to be a total for the entire season. Just like weights you only use your top finishes.

PMEmail Poster
beers
Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 03:16 pm

World Record Trout

I like the points idea.. tried the weigh thing last year didnít care for it.

Iíd be also in for just a 1 bass limit

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 > »»  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace