Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Muskie opener
MikeyLovesMuskies
Posted: Jun 03, 2018 - 07:44 am

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 14137

First of all, big thank you to Colanut for letting me join him on the water. It was a pleasure meeting you and I enjoyed my day out even though I got skunked (I seen a skunk as we were entering the park and thought," Oh boy, hope this not foreshadowing what's to come" )

Anyways, the water was rough and it was hard to hold onto spots. But we tried everywhere and I also threw my tackle box at them.

We had to have had at least 10 follows. I had a low 40incher follow me right up to the boat and she decided to turn away last minute before I could begin the figure 8 .

Cola managed to land a pike which saved our day

From reading the previous posts above, it seems we all had a tough day on Lady B.

Here's hoping for better success for all of us when we hit her up again

PMEmail Poster
Attila
Posted: Jun 03, 2018 - 08:30 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11988

QUOTE (Designfisher @ Jun 02, 2018 - 08:23 pm)
Anyone out on sturgeon today for the musky hunt?

I hit Sturgeon and like most I had four follows in total. They weren't big fish (biggest was probably around 30") but were nice to see. I've only heard of a couple of fish caught yesterday from others who were on the water.

I also found that many other fish were biting quite lightly, including bluegills, crappie, and walleye.

I think the cold front along with the north wind really shut them down yesterday. Hopefully after a couple of days of more stable weather will turn them on again..

PMEmail Poster
adamcam07
Posted: Jun 03, 2018 - 09:21 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 6927

Not huge but better than nothing. Also had a follow as well. Glad to have got one. Now I can focus on upgrading

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
jeffw
Posted: Jun 03, 2018 - 09:27 am

Fry

Member No.: 647

I fished sturgeon blew 2 on the suick due to the braid slipping on my spool one I saw and was mid 40," and had to small ones follow.

PMEmail Poster
Catdiesel92
Posted: Jun 03, 2018 - 10:19 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 16055

Thanks for allowing me to join this forum! I look forward to picking the brain of local anglers and also sharing my knowledge as well! My father and I headed out on Sturgeon yesterday morning around 7am. We launched at lakeview cottages and the wind/ waves we pretty unreal! We trolled a few larger crank baits on the north west side of the lake going towards Fenlon. Didn't hook into any musky or walleye but came across a decent weed bed around 8-9ft and were carrying buck tails and crank baits. Got a couple large mouth, but not what we came for! I agree I think the north wind and cold front really turned the bite off. Hopefully others might have luck this evening!

PMEmail Poster
JordanR
Posted: Jun 03, 2018 - 01:34 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 14322

I fished pigeon in the morning and balsam at night. Had zero follows. Completely skunked. Good day on the water but definitely feeling little deflated.

Realized after I left the lake that there was a walleye tourney during the week on pigeon. Lots of pressure on the lake last 7 days or so.

PMEmail Poster
Ice
Posted: Jun 03, 2018 - 04:01 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 7713

Nice looking fish adamcam07. Congratulations.

PMEmail Poster
BlackCrowe13
Posted: Jun 03, 2018 - 04:18 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9047

QUOTE (adamcam07 @ Jun 03, 2018 - 09:21 am)
Not huge but better than nothing. Also had a follow as well. Glad to have got one. Now I can focus on upgrading

Congrats! Seems it was a tough day for everyone, so you were the champ of the opener to get one!

PMEmail Poster
nlpaintballer
Posted: Jun 03, 2018 - 05:27 pm

Fry

Member No.: 9722

Got out on balsam even with the wind. Ended up fishing south bay in the morning and then headed to westbay before the wind got really bad.

Ended up with a couple 28-30" pike, a handful of bass released and a nice little 38" tiger. Had a couple of follows including one that spooked at boatside.

Got lucky with this guy. I was 20 feet away when he hit something. 4 casts onto him and i finally p##### him off enough to get him to strike.ww we

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Designfisher
Posted: Jun 03, 2018 - 05:42 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 14323

QUOTE (nlpaintballer @ Jun 03, 2018 - 05:27 pm)
Got out on balsam even with the wind. Ended up fishing south bay in the morning and then headed to westbay before the wind got really bad.

Ended up with a couple 28-30" pike, a handful of bass released and a nice little 38" tiger. Had a couple of follows including one that spooked at boatside.

Got lucky with this guy. I was 20 feet away when he hit something. 4 casts onto him and i finally p##### him off enough to get him to strike.ww we

Haha your buddy missed out , great catch!

PMEmail Poster
BlackCrowe13
Posted: Jun 03, 2018 - 08:45 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9047

QUOTE (nlpaintballer @ Jun 03, 2018 - 05:27 pm)

Beauty! Thanks for sharing!

PMEmail Poster
Attila
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 08:39 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11988

Thanks to everyone for sharing your reports and congratulations on hooking into a few!

Ya, those follows are something else...get the blood going for sure!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace