Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Pigeon Lake Walleye, Catching walleye on Pigeon Lake Late-May
Texan
Posted: May 28, 2018 - 07:53 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 16032

Fished with the minnows after dark for about 30 minutes last week. Went through an assortment of sizes and had the best luck with a small to medium size. Had several hits fishing off the pier, casting out as far out as I could, probably 4 ft of water but still landing in the grass. Fishing with braid I could feel when the minnows would get nervous and swimming hard. A hit would usually follow their retreat. One solid hookup, peeled about 10 yds of line and decided to turn his head and pulled the hook loose. Guy at the baitshop said it was probably a pike. Haven't caught one of those yet, would have been fun to have seen him at least!

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: May 28, 2018 - 02:26 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

Good to hear you are having some success

Tight lines.

PMEmail Poster
Texan
Posted: May 29, 2018 - 01:27 pm

Egg

Found where the bass hang out on Pigeon, caught at least 25 this morning. If I would have had an anchor probably would still be out there! But unfortunately there wasn't one walleye mixed in with them?

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
metalbuckle
Posted: May 30, 2018 - 07:28 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Texan @ May 29, 2018 - 01:27 pm)
Found where the bass hang out on Pigeon, caught at least 25 this morning. If I would have had an anchor probably would still be out there! But unfortunately there wasn't one walleye mixed in with them?

Just a friendly warning, I know you are from the USA and in many states, bass are open all year.

But not in Southern Ontario. Bass are closed until the end of June.

In the Kawartha Lakes, they open the 3rd Sat in June
http://files.ontario.ca/environment-and-en...-17-english.pdf

The ethical thing to do when you start catching out of season fish in a particular spot, is to stop fishing the area and move and / or change your presentation to avoid catching OOS fish.

The MNR can charge you for an offense if you are found to be targeting OOS fish.

Just an FYI.

PMEmail Poster
Dinky
Posted: May 31, 2018 - 10:27 am

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 212

I think an honest mistake by the Texan!
But I hate those guys targeting them on purpose.....saw this at a marina as they were coming in to dock....mentioned that it was illegal.....all I got was no speaka the English!
Never saw them hookup......karma I guess
Cheers
Greg

PMEmail Poster
Texan
Posted: May 31, 2018 - 11:58 pm

Egg

Oh WoW, thank you for sharing I would have never known. I knew it wasn't season for bass, but figured that meant not to keep any. In Texas its an unspoken rule to not keep bass just to protect the fishery. I certainly wouldn't have continued fishing if known otherwise. Again, thanks for sharing!

PMEmail Poster
Designfisher
Posted: Jun 02, 2018 - 12:57 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 14323

QUOTE (Texan @ May 29, 2018 - 01:27 pm)

Save that spot for the opener

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace