Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> New near new lures Bass edition
sabby
Posted: Jun 03, 2018 - 07:40 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 9998

With zone 17 bass season opening in 13 days I thought it appropriate to discuss some new great we've bought this year.

Here are a few I'm excited to try this season,

Booyah Toad Runner, I'm excited to give this a try, I love frogs and nothing is more exciting than a good topwater bite.

Attached Image

Perfect Jig flipping, in the past I've relied too heavily on soft plastics, this year I'm stepping up my big game. These beauties are locally made, I love flipping and pitching so I can't wait to get these wet.

Attached Image

Last but not least, I love jerkbaits, and I don't think I ever go out without one tied on. I found this Spro McStick, looks wicked to me, so when the conditions are right this will be the first one I throw this season.

Attached Image

What New lures do you have lined up for this year?

PMEmail Poster
Ice
Posted: Jun 03, 2018 - 07:54 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 7713

Great new line up.

PMEmail Poster
doubleblue44
Posted: Jun 03, 2018 - 08:08 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 11477

fantastic new gear! did you trim the frog legs? And what is that hanging out the back? Love the colour.
Love the slutty jerk bait too!

PMEmail Poster
sabby
Posted: Jun 03, 2018 - 08:24 pm

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (doubleblue44 @ Jun 03, 2018 - 08:08 pm)
fantastic new gear!† did you trim the frog legs?† And what is that hanging out the back?† Love the colour.†
Love the slutty jerk bait too!

The Toad Runner was released this year, that is how it comes out of the package. There is a boot leg on a swivel that is attached to it.

PMEmail Poster
mephisto_lake
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 04:55 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 11714

Let me know if the toad runner works out better than the original teckel frog ie plopping and durability, Booyah is known as one of the better frog companies for the price so I'm interested on their take of the sprinker frog.

I'm most excited to try out my huddlestons, Dipping my feet into the swimbait rabbit hole has become a dangerous and expensive place. Probably has the best reputation for big fish for price (turns out $30 usd is cheap for swimbaits) Never seen so many expensive lures on backorder

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Huddleston_...cpage-HD8T.html

My highest expectations are for my jackhammer chatterbait, I can't really tell you why it's $20-$30 cad other than craftsmanship, but as its won more money than any other lure this year in Flw or Elite series. I expect it to take the shape of a majestic unicorn as I retrieve it through the water. Though experience tells me it gets broken off on opening day

PMEmail Poster
thrillhouse
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 06:27 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 3420

I'm hooked on the perfect jigs as well. Caught my PB bass last year with one.
Just loaded up with a bunch of new gear including punch skirts and some nice swim jigs. Good quality made lures for sure.

PMEmail Poster
thrillhouse
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 06:48 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 3420

These were the products I picked up from the sale. The owner was there and we matched up some nice goby options and well as a few nice crayfish combos. Also picked up one with some purple in the skirt, never tried that colour before so who knows.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
EJ_B
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 11:10 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 7039

Those Jerkbaits look awesome Iíll have to check them out.

I picked up a couple of the Scott Martin Live Target popping frogs. I love the live target frog so hopefully the addition of a popper should be awesome.

Grabbed some punisher flipping jigs also locally made. Some other random drop shot baits and of course some chigger craws.

PMEmail Poster
Motojoe
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 01:31 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 9129

QUOTE (sabby @ Jun 03, 2018 - 08:40 pm)
With zone 17 bass season opening in 13 days I thought it appropriate to discuss some new great we've bought this year.

Here are a few I'm excited to try this season,

Booyah Toad Runner, I'm excited to give this a try, I love frogs and nothing is more exciting than a good topwater bite.

Attached Image

Perfect Jig flipping, in the past I've relied too heavily on soft plastics, this year I'm stepping up my big game. These beauties are locally made, I love flipping and pitching so I can't wait to get these wet.

Attached Image

Last but not least, I love jerkbaits, and I don't think I ever go out without one tied on. I found this Spro McStick, looks wicked to me, so when the conditions are right this will be the first one I throw this season.

Attached Image

What New lures do you have lined up for this year?

I agreed too top water fishing have more fun, I did noticed this toad runner too, just worry the boot will be a problem for hook set.

PMEmail Poster
scro1908
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 03:56 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7035

I was thinking the same thing about that boot on the frog. I am going to try the Whopper Plopper this year. Similar idea with the boot off the back. Some guys on the BASS tour are having great success with this lure.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
adamcam07
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 05:04 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 6927

The Boo Yah Pad Crasher is my favorite frog. i was thinking about the new runner, but haven't found a need to switch it up and go away from what works.

Scro i bought that exact same whopper plopper color last October, but haven't been able to use it yet. I think Chris Lane came in second using nothing but that lure on the elite series.

PMEmail Poster
MikeyLovesMuskies
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 05:32 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 14137

QUOTE (scro1908 @ Jun 04, 2018 - 04:56 pm)
I was thinking the same thing about that boot on the frog. I am going to try the Whopper Plopper this year. Similar idea with the boot off the back. Some guys on the BASS tour are having great success with this lure.

Just got me one of those too, Scro. Can't wait for that 6lber to inhale it

PMEmail Poster
MikeyLovesMuskies
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 05:33 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 14137

Sabby's got everyone itching to throw a topwater

PMEmail Poster
mephisto_lake
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 05:46 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 11714

The first fish I got on a whopper plopper last year was my new pb smallmouth, size 130, I now own 3, second fish I caught was a 10 inch largemouth

I am believer in them for sure, a single blade of grass will completely ruin the action of the lure though.

PMEmail Poster
sabby
Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 07:01 pm

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (scro1908 @ Jun 04, 2018 - 03:56 pm)

Ploppers are awesome 👍

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace