Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Lower Buckhorn, Muskie and Walleye
sslinger
Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 06:49 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 16060

Hey Guys, new to the board, happy to be on!

I'm heading to Lower Buck last week of June on more of a family vacation. I avidly fish Muskie and will be doing so with most of my spare time, but also want to target Walleye and Bass. What's the walleye population and fishing like generally speaking on lower buck?

I went a few years ago and got into smallies and a ton of panfish which was fun for everyone, will target some eyes too but don't know much about the numbers on the lake. This week will be c&r mostly, may keep one for shore lunch.

Cheers

This post has been edited by sslinger on Jun 05, 2018 - 07:39 am

PMEmail Poster
Muskie_Bob
Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 07:38 am

Egg

Member No.: 14392

I fish muskie every year on Lower Buckhorn in the fall and I would say the population is fairly healthy. Last year we caught and released a 30", 42", and a 46" over 2.5 days of fishing. We primarily troll in the fall but I have heard that the fishing is good there in the summer casting the large weed flats adjacent to the boat channels. When we have caught fish casting it was on size 5 silver bladed bucktails. Good luck.

PMEmail Poster
sslinger
Posted: Jun 06, 2018 - 11:57 am

Egg

Member No.: 16060

Thanks Bob, I looked at my post again and realized I wasn't very clear with my question. I was wondering mostly about the walleye numbers on the lake. Does anyone know what the walleye population on LB is like?

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace