Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Balsam yesterday, Smallies and eyes
Paul j
Posted: Jun 11, 2018 - 04:37 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 9597

Balsam can be a hit and miss lake I find, itís also a tough lake to find shelter when itís windy, the weekends are usually busy with boaters and seadoos that donít always show water respect, but it does have some nice weed lines and drop-offs, Iím hoping the weeds are to the top this weekend 😊

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: Jun 12, 2018 - 05:23 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 50

I might be wrong but I thought per Ontario Recreational Fishing Regulations, any out of season fish (such as smallmouth bass at this moment, which is still prior to its opener) if caught must be IMMEDIATELY released (not after a photo)?:-)

PMEmail PosterYahoo
rayray89
Posted: Jun 12, 2018 - 06:26 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 6253

PMEmail Poster
Dutch
Posted: Jun 12, 2018 - 12:21 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 7179

QUOTE (xiaolu @ Jun 12, 2018 - 05:23 am)
I might be wrong but I thought per Ontario Recreational Fishing Regulations, any out of season fish (such as smallmouth bass at this moment, which is still prior to its opener) if caught must be IMMEDIATELY released (not after a photo)?:-)

Out-of-season fish pictures. MNR answers the question.

The regulations state that if you catch a fish species for which the season is closed, you are required to release it immediately back into the water in a manner that causes the least harm to the fish. If you were to take a photo of the fish in question, this would not constitute an immediate release, resulting in a violation under the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act (FWCA). Also, fish that are not immediately released count toward your possession limit which could lead to an additional violation (i.e. keeping a fish that is out-of-season).

We hope you find this information helpful. If you require further assistance please contact the Natural Resources Information Centre at 1-800-667-1940.

Regards,

NRIC web reader - RB
Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources
Natural Resources Information Centre
300 Water Street, 3rd Floor, North Tower
Peterborough, ON K9J 8M5
1-800-667-1940
TTY: 1-866-686-6072
Fax: 705-755-1677
mnr.nric.mnr@ontario.ca

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace