» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Favorite Brand of Soft plastics?, What's your go to brand?
mephisto_lake
Posted: Jun 11, 2018 - 05:01 am

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 11714

As I start decluttering my tackle room that miraculously remained cleaned for 3 months, and loading my binders with soft plastics for this weekends tournament I can't help but ask myself if I only had one choice of soft plastics brand to use forever what would it be?

Mine would be strike king it's probably a confidence thing it has my favorite dropshot lures in the half shell and dreamshot, but a lot of other lures come close to my favorites like stick baits and creature baits.

So if you had to pick one brand what would it be?

PMEmail Poster
scro1908
Posted: Jun 11, 2018 - 07:59 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7035

Great topic...

As a hard core "Flipper" I am always looking for the best plastic bait to flip. Over the years it was always Gambler Ugly Otter that was my go to bait for summer fishing in the Kawarthas. The previous 2 seasons I found confidence using Anglers Choice products. Good Canadian company and the craw they make was always available at my local tackle shop. Its a nice size that can be easily cut down for a smaller profile.

This year my local shop has brought in a wide selection of X-Zone baits. X-Zone is now producing some great looking craws and creature baits. I have loaded up on the craw they make and am excited for how it looks in the water. It's a solid bait that has claws that float up when its resting on the bottom.

Both companies make drop shot baits, swimbaits, stickbaits and tubes to fill all your needs for bass fishing.

Not sure if it falls in the category of "soft plastic" but I will always have a Live Target frog tied on also. I swear by the large profile frog they make.

PMEmail Poster
Seguin Fisher
Posted: Jun 11, 2018 - 05:30 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9952

Have been for years, and will be for quite a few more a big fan of Berkley power baits. This will be the first year with the new max scent baits to test out, and I’m sure they’ll work well, but I’ve always got a bunch of different original scent and gulp stuff on the boat with me.

PMEmail Poster
Attila
Posted: Jun 12, 2018 - 06:53 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11988

This is a new tactic that I'm hoping to learn more about this year...finally got a decent flipping stick and reel so I'm going to purchase a lot of different soft plastics to try this summer.

Would love to hear if anyone has tried either Yum or Strike King products as well.

Scro, how did the AC craws hold up durability wise?

PMEmail Poster
sabby
Posted: Jun 12, 2018 - 07:03 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 9998

They are all good these days, my favourites include Yamamoto, Strike King, Berkley and Reaction Innovation baits.

PMEmail Poster
scro1908
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 07:43 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7035

QUOTE (Attila @ Jun 12, 2018 - 06:53 pm)
This is a new tactic that I'm hoping to learn more about this year...finally got a decent flipping stick and reel so I'm going to purchase a lot of different soft plastics to try this summer.

Would love to hear if anyone has tried either Yum or Strike King products as well.

Scro, how did the AC craws hold up durability wise?

They hold up good. I would start out using it at full size and after a few fish catches I would cut it down a little so it would stay up on the hook an rig properly again.

PMEmail Poster
mmorris
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 09:15 am

Fry

Member No.: 9643

Zoom has a great variety of baits specifically there flukes, worms, and brush hogs are what I like.
For flippin I like the beaver style baits and use a lot of the ugly otters and the missile d bombs. Learn how to snell your flipping hooks and get some punch skirts, punching weights and you've got a new go-to tactic.

PMEmail Poster
Krob11
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 10:54 am

Fry

Member No.: 9229

I love the zoom horny toad, specifically in white.
I also like Yamamoto stick worms for wacky.

PMEmail Poster
EJ_B
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 12:07 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 7039

I like using the Berkley Chigger Craw around docks and pads that sort of stuff. Yamamoto’s for my stick bait. The Yum beaver is a good bait I use to power shot. Used a ton of widow maker creature bait last summer great bait for the price and Canadian made!

Got my hands on some of the new Xzone soft plastics. Looking forward to trying the punch craw and flipping craw.

PMEmail Poster
Henricus
Posted: Jun 14, 2018 - 10:33 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 14100

Strike King Rage Lobster...but I can't find them in Canada this year. The Strike King Rage plastics are highly effective but I find they don't hold up very well. Sunfish will often declaw a craw which can get expensive in a hurry. The lobster is 4.5" and lasts much longer than the smaller sizes.

This is also a plea...if you find some, please let me know where :-)

PMEmail Poster
pandakiller
Posted: Jun 15, 2018 - 01:57 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 13176

i saw some at the bass pro niagara a few months back i like them too

as for my go to i think id go with jackall chunk craw (swim jigs) or the rage craw depending, reaction innovation beaver (flipping) and keitech swim baits but ill try anything tbh if i had to pick one brand and only one brand for everything jackall

PMEmail Poster
Ice
Posted: Jun 15, 2018 - 06:39 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 7713

I like using the pimk zoom bait works very well for me.

PMEmail Poster
mmorris
Posted: Jun 15, 2018 - 09:59 am

Fry

Member No.: 9643

One thing I'm always looking for is new soft plastic swimbaits. I seem to use them all year for everything like deep water lake trout in the winter, spring pike, and bass in so many applications. I got a few packs of the 'set the hook' nailer swimbaits and they are awesome in terms of being very durable yet very supple, and overall just have a great bulky profile. I've heard great things about the keitech baits but havent tried them. A great value bait i like as well is the yum pulse swimbaits. Would love to hear other gems that are in your arsenals.

PMEmail Poster
Disco
Posted: Jun 15, 2018 - 01:13 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 10908

I am not a brand specific guys as I use specific brands only for specific baits now across all baits.

Yum made a killer tube the Vibra King that I just can’t find in stores anymore

PMEmail Poster
Fishing Rod
Posted: Jun 15, 2018 - 02:42 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4539

Set The Hook!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace