Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> rain
randyvt
Posted: Jan 10, 2018 - 05:11 pm

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 2615

so with this rain will the lake be passable with all the slush?

PMEmail Poster
smalleye99
Posted: Jan 10, 2018 - 05:24 pm

Fry

Member No.: 14006

Slush may or may not be a problem after the rain and deep freeze. It is likely that a weak white ice layer will set up if it gets wet enough tomorrow and then cold enough on Friday and Sat. Slush may be between the upper crust and the actual dark ice that is structurally the stuff you depend on. I wouldn't take a truck on the lake after today. Saw 12" of black ice and 2-4" of white ice on top today at the girl's college.

PMEmail Poster
randyvt
Posted: Jan 10, 2018 - 05:46 pm

Fry

Member No.: 2615

nice, thanks!

PMEmail Poster
atventure
Posted: Jan 10, 2018 - 06:09 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 13515

Had my small car out from sunset this evening (just got home). The ride out was OK but back to shore was getting sloppy already. We got some rain while I was out so it was already turning to slush. I'd say with the amount of snow out there for the most part it should all melt, then with the deep freeze i'm hoping it freezes everything solid and we'll be good to go in cars/trucks again by saturday afternoon. fingers crossed. if not I'll be pulling out the heavy chevy (10 inches of lift) for the weekend bite

PMEmail Poster
buddy
Posted: Jan 10, 2018 - 11:05 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 5461

Any body who has to cross over a pressure crack during the next few days should have a good look at things before they cross. The warm weather will expand the ice sheet causing the ice to buckle at the cracks. The deep freeze that comes later will make the ice sheet shrink creating a gap. Both scenarios are not good, especially for wheeled vehicles.

PMEmail Poster
kenster
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 08:13 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12683

hey Atv, off topic but i was out there yesterday with zero bites after 3.Perch were few and small.Can't decide to go out further or in closer.Sorry i kinda highjacked thread.

PMEmail Poster
atventure
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 09:12 am

Parr Trout

QUOTE (kenster @ Jan 11, 2018 - 08:13 am)
hey Atv, off topic but i was out there yesterday with zero bites after 3.Perch were few and small.Can't decide to go out further or in closer.Sorry i kinda highjacked thread.

Hey Ken! I tried to PM you but I can't yet, D'oh!
Were you out from Sunset? How far? I'm assuming you were in a portable? There were 3 or 4 around me yesterday, assuming you were one of them?
This is me.
Attached Image
I was in the first cluster closest to shore, been in the same spot all week. Yesterday afternoon was one of the best days of the week so far, I caught 8 or so perch between 3 and 4pm.

PMEmail Poster
atventure
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 09:14 am

Parr Trout

Attached Image
An example of the perch I pulled in yesterday afternoon.

PMEmail Poster
buddy
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 10:42 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 5461

It looks like all the snow is gone so there won't be any slush to deal with, although it might be slippery.

PMEmail Poster
atventure
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 - 12:03 pm

Parr Trout

QUOTE (buddy @ Jan 11, 2018 - 10:42 am)
It looks like all the snow is gone so there won't be any slush to deal with, although it might be slippery.

Really its all gone already? Thats crazy? I might take a walk out later and play with my drone.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace