» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Flashers & Depth Finders
Sterling
Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 03:10 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 9678

So apparently I'm making a major mistake by not using a flasher. Every thread I see about them is people saying they won't fish without them.

I have a fancy CHIRP setup that I'd like to use in lieu of a flasher but it will take some creativity to have it fit in a suitcase size package.

My interest was piqued when I saw cranman and fishchaser hammer em' with Kokemachine, it seemed the units made a huge difference.

Anyway, I was wondering what people here think of these units. Do they have a super narrow beam? IE: they show only what's under you? How much do they improve your catch rate?

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 04:07 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

Any piece of electronics should up your game by 80% imo

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Chevy
Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 04:24 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Without a doubt you'll catch more fish.

PMEmail Poster
FishinGuy
Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 07:08 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 3087

I have no interest fishing without one.

PMEmail Poster
Bobbin' Bob
Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 07:33 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 2867

I spoiled myself this year and picked up the Humminbird Ice45. Definite game changer. Can't see myself fishing without it!

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 08:52 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

Picked up a Marcum flasher a couple of years ago, wouldn't want to fish without now. Definetly will improve your catch rate, played fish for 15 to 20 minutes before they would commit that I wouldn't even have known they were there without the flasher.

Two thumbs up

PMEmail Poster
Dbfish
Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 09:54 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1601

Hate to say it, but i fished without a fishfinder for years and finally used the one off my boat last year after a small conversion to ice mods.
I enjoyed it so much and found it immensely helpful that i recently upgraded to the lowrance hook 7 and converted it for ice fishing! Electronics all the way! Wow i just said that!lol

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Sterling
Posted: Feb 03, 2018 - 11:55 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 9678

QUOTE (Dbfish @ Feb 02, 2018 - 09:54 pm)
Hate to say it, but i fished without a fishfinder for years and finally used the one off my boat last year after a small conversion to ice mods.
I enjoyed it so much and found it immensely helpful that i recently upgraded to the lowrance hook 7 and converted it for ice fishing! Electronics all the way! Wow i just said that!lol

Finally someone in the same boat as I. Interesting transducer setup.

Mine is just over 8 inches wide and I can't get it to lay flat along a single hole. I'm looking at some options including a larger blade.

How did you rig yours up?

PMEmail Poster
Fishchaser67
Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 08:49 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 4782

QUOTE (Sterling @ Feb 02, 2018 - 03:10 pm)
So apparently I'm making a major mistake by not using a flasher. Every thread I see about them is people saying they won't fish without them.

I have a fancy CHIRP setup that I'd like to use in lieu of a flasher but it will take some creativity to have it fit in a suitcase size package.

My interest was piqued when I saw cranman and fishchaser hammer em' with Kokemachine, it seemed the units made a huge difference.

Anyway, I was wondering what people here think of these units. Do they have a super narrow beam? IE: they show only what's under you? How much do they improve your catch rate?

Will make a big différence in your catch 100% ..i my self will never fish without it ,i have the Marcum vx1i and love it ..... Tight lines ...

PMEmail Poster
atventure
Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 11:51 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 13515

QUOTE (Fishchaser67 @ Feb 04, 2018 - 08:49 am)

Will make a big différence in your catch 100% ..i my self will never fish without it ,i have the Marcum vx1i and love it ..... Tight lines ...

I really want to see this thing in action!

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 12:42 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

I doubt if I would have got my Nip pb this year without electronics as I coaxed it off bottom and it hit 6 feet off or should I say higher.

lots of fish caught 3-7 feet off bottom...u would never know without the electronics, so I will summarize this way.

If it came down to 2 choices.....The electronics to go with or the Rum....

Sadly I would have to leave the Rum behind

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Fishchaser67
Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 03:07 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 4782

QUOTE (atventure @ Feb 04, 2018 - 11:51 am)
QUOTE (Fishchaser67 @ Feb 04, 2018 - 08:49 am)

I really want to see this thing in action!

Do you run electronics.?? atventure

PMEmail Poster
atventure
Posted: Feb 05, 2018 - 08:36 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 13515

No but I am trying to convince the wife to let me buy something.. I'm thinking about just getting the Garmin Striker 4. I know its nothing fancy but its super portable and I'd be able to bring it on my summer-time fishing adventures. I do week long + solo canoe fishing trips all summer long.

PMEmail Poster
kokemachine
Posted: Feb 05, 2018 - 09:27 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 4328

Yeah, after seeing Cranman and Fishchaser67 with their flashers in action I was pretty sold on their effectiveness. I've used a fish finder in the past but it's a different vibe for sure.

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Feb 05, 2018 - 09:41 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

QUOTE (Longshank @ Feb 04, 2018 - 02:42 pm)
I doubt if I would have got my Nip pb this year without electronics as I coaxed it off bottom and it hit 6 feet off or should I say higher.

lots of fish caught 3-7 feet off bottom...u would never know without the electronics, so I will summarize this way.

If it came down to 2 choices.....The electronics to go with or the Rum....

Sadly I would have to leave the Rum behind

Well that pretty well sums up how important electronics really are

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace