Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Main Lake Report Feb 1-2
chadtbo
Posted: Feb 05, 2018 - 01:32 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 10320

Got out for our annual this past week with Reeds on the main lake. Fishing in 12-15 fow off Sunset. Normally they set up much further out in 25-30 fow.

We came in expecting a lot of Walleye compared to other years, but it was very much the opposite. Managed 1 Walleye (small--maybe 14") over two days. Day one saw 21 Perch and day two was a very very slow day on the lake. 11 Perch total between 3 guys. While we were obviously a little disappointed with the numbers I will say that the Perch size is WAY up from past years. Everything we caught was 10-13". Day two was very cold, so I'm going to blame it on that. Actually marked more fish but the bite just wasn't there. Also marked some bigger stuff (I assume Pike), that may have scared off the Perch a bit.

Glo-shots and Rippin Rap's both tipped with minnow heads worked best. (Chartreuse and Purple)

The fishing was slow but the beer stayed cold. Another great Nip Trip and already dreamin' of next year! Until then, boys. Have fun on the ice!

PMEmail Poster
kenster
Posted: Feb 05, 2018 - 03:10 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 12683

guess i got you beat with my Williams, 18 jumbos and 1 small pic. 11-2pm
I did notice it dropped right off after 2pm so I left at 3

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace