Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Barbless hooks, Just a discussion
Alleyes
Posted: Jun 20, 2017 - 12:29 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 12803

Yes, to be honest not sure it does much when it comes to jigs when walleye fishing though. For trout I think it has much more benefit and really makes a difference with trebles. I lived in Saskatoon for a couple years and fished lots of lakes where it was mandatory. Its only the line in the water that needs crushed barbs, not your whole tackle box.

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Jun 20, 2017 - 02:18 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 8318

QUOTE (Alleyes @ Jun 20, 2017 - 01:29 pm)
Its only the line in the water that needs crushed barbs, not your whole tackle box.

lol, I have had routine stops over the years one thing I can tell you for sure, the MNR know their rules, the opp know their rules and the CFO know their rules. however they don't necessarily know each others rules.
some things we have had to explain and clear ourselves on through the years include a wheelchair permit IS a fishing license. a short shotgun is NOT prohib if it was manufactured that way. YES YOU CAN have a firearm in your boat if its not hunting season. and NO you do NOT need a hunting license to have a firearm in your boat. fishing with 2 minnows on 1 hook IS perfectly legal. an assisted open pocket knife IS NOT prohibited. lol.

as you can see just because the lure isn't tied to your line doesn't mean you wont potentially get held up for an hour because they are "unsure"

I would also like to add, EVERY officer we have come up on and stopped by in our area through the years has ALWAYS been friendly and respectful just not always right. having said that there are too many rules to begin with to remember and know them all. that's why I will pass on any new ones!

PMEmail Poster
HardlyCore
Posted: Jun 20, 2017 - 08:24 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8169

No more rules. Period. They never take them away. Just keep adding to the pile, like a garbage dump. And that's where a lot of them belong.

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Jun 20, 2017 - 09:24 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 8318

QUOTE (HardlyCore @ Jun 20, 2017 - 09:24 pm)
No more rules. Period. They never take them away. Just keep adding to the pile, like a garbage dump. And that's where a lot of them belong.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace