Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Hearing, Advice
ytjigger
Posted: Jun 21, 2018 - 01:26 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 17

Most of the deer I have shot I heard them before I saw them. The brush around my favorite stands is getting thicker every year & my hearing is getting worst. I still hear most of the deer that go by me but I am having trouble figuring out where their sound is coming from. Has anyone tried the ear muffs that enhance the sound? Cabelas has a set on sale that they claim increases sound 9x. Cheers

PMEmail Poster
backwoodsmanbob
Posted: Jun 21, 2018 - 01:33 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 98

Sounds like something I would need as well.

PMEmail Poster
Lazinator
Posted: Jun 21, 2018 - 03:43 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 589

I have a pair.
They do increase the sound of stuff it detects, but it doesn't detect everything that i can hear without them.

I think if your hearing is bad its probably better with these than without.

Also, depending on which ones you get, some are worse than others at giving you a sense of the direction the sound is coming from (none of them are as good as a human ear at giving you a sense of direction).
There's ones with only 2 microphones, 1 for each ear, and i assume these would be worse at direction, there's also ones with 4 microphones, 2 per ear, they might be a bit better at direction.

PMEmail Poster
mydogbites
Posted: Jun 21, 2018 - 08:41 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 414

My son gave me a pair for christmas. I used them when I went turkey hunting this spring. They worked except for the rain on my portable pop up was so loud I couldn't use them. Im looking forward to the deer hunt to try them out again.

PMEmail Poster
ytjigger
Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 10:16 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 17

Thanks for the input. I think I might try a pair. At the very least they will keep my ears warmer as I don,t pull my toque down or pull up my hood even on the coldest & windiest days for fear that the big 10 pointer will sneak by me.

PMEmail Poster
sabmgb
Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 12:31 pm

Fry

Member No.: 15901

I have a pair, don't use them anymore, only used a few times. Picked up any wind noise and traffic noise so they worked just where I hunt to much noise going on around me I guess. I get hearing aids next month, I'm hoping these work good for hunting.

PMEmail Poster
reloader
Posted: Jun 25, 2018 - 06:08 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 13

I have hearing aids with remote control I can crank up the hearing and hear better that someone with normal hearing wind is sometimes a problem

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Marketplace