Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Fish processing question
Miha
Posted: Jan 13, 2018 - 06:21 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4230

QUOTE (xiaolu @ Jan 13, 2018 - 03:14 pm)
The point is (let's try with a different example): My buddy keeps 35 and I keep 55, all kept in one single bucket. We don't exceed our combined limit of 100...

You're already at fault. It's called "party fishing" and it's prohibited. Everybody who fishes in Ontario should be able to show CO his/her own catch.
And actually, what's the point? Are you trying to save on a pail? It's $3 in Crappy Tire

PMUsers Website
WalleyeSashimi
Posted: Jan 13, 2018 - 06:35 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 10308

To update, Iím just cleaning the fish at home like a normal person lol.

Re: possession, is it reasonable to say weíre unlikely to run into questions if we keep less than 50 total?

Anyway, now thatís iím not as concerned about keeping the fish from freezing up sincee I am taking them home to clean, I can just keep them in separate bags anyway.

PMEmail Poster
gaspumper
Posted: Jan 13, 2018 - 07:08 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 128

QUOTE (mydogbites @ Jan 12, 2018 - 06:46 pm)
seriously if your fishing with someone that cant catch a perch perhaps they need to take up a different hobby

haha. The point is (let's try with a different example): My buddy keeps 35 and I keep 55, all kept in one single bucket. We don't exceed our combined limit of 100, but I already exceed my limit of 50.... And then no proof whatsoever can be found in court to prove that I keep fish over limit! Therefore I say the law is seriously flawed. The law should have been defined in a way such that this (guilty yet can not be proved) can not possibly happen in the first place....

Using that example you are a poacher,when u reach 50 you should be releasing anything you catch after 50.The laws not flawed there is no party fishing for perch.

PMEmail Poster
Bobinette
Posted: Jan 14, 2018 - 06:16 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 10778

seriously if your fishing with someone that cant catch a perch perhaps they need to take up a different hobby

haha. The point is (let's try with a different example): My buddy keeps 35 and I keep 55, all kept in one single bucket. We don't exceed our combined limit of 100, but I already exceed my limit of 50.... And then no proof whatsoever can be found in court to prove that I keep fish over limit! Therefore I say the law is seriously flawed. The law should have been defined in a way such that this (guilty yet can not be proved) can not possibly happen in the first place....

Never had a problem with any CO wanting to sort our fish (never had 100 perch, mind you) out to see who caught how many. Our totals never go over our combined daily limit, so no issues. On the other hand.......
1; I donít believe in ďparty fishingĒ! Period. If the bite is good enough for me to limit out, there is no reason for my buddy to not be able to do the same.

2; 50 perch is a LOT of fish to clean properly (I prefer to filet them and I am not sure how good a job I would be able to do letís say after an hour of cleaning fish) I hate wasting any game meat, also illegal and poor sportsmanship.

3; What about bragging rights?! If they are all in 1 bucket how can you, or your buddy, rub the others nose into how they should be watching more fishing shows on catching perch.....this is the best part IMO

Good luck on the ice though

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Jan 14, 2018 - 06:33 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

When fishing with others we are all on our honour. There are many many times one particular fisherman is able to out fish his peers. Just cause there is 4 licenses doesn't mean one guy can catch everyone's supper. As long as everyone is on board it works. Totally illegal and goes against everything I believe in. It's up to us to play by the rules.

PMEmail Poster
buddy
Posted: Jan 14, 2018 - 06:41 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 5461

If you want to see some amazing fish cleaning skills check out this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTE0mX4bWLE

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Jan 14, 2018 - 06:51 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Ya , she definitely had it figured out

PMEmail Poster
Andy14
Posted: Jan 15, 2018 - 10:54 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7784

In the video the guy does do a nice job but in my opinion there's a couple unnecessary steps....
Why remove the head...I use it for leverage.
Why remove the guts.... I discard them with the bones simultaneously.
Do everything thing he did without removing the head or guts.
Take it all home, use more of your time fishing..... You got this

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: Jan 15, 2018 - 11:52 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Miha @ Jan 13, 2018 - 06:21 pm)
The point is (let's try with a different example): My buddy keeps 35 and I keep 55, all kept in one single bucket. We don't exceed our combined limit of 100...

You're already at fault. It's called "party fishing" and it's prohibited. Everybody who fishes in Ontario should be able to show CO his/her own catch.
And actually, what's the point? Are you trying to save on a pail? It's $3 in Crappy Tire

No. Actually what I am saying is, each person should have his/own bucket to keep his/her own catch. But very unfortunately, if two anglers don't do so (but keep all of their catches together in one single bucket instead), I was told it would be very hard (if possible at all) to prove at court guilty of keeping fish over limit.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
xiaolu
Posted: Jan 15, 2018 - 11:56 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (gaspumper @ Jan 13, 2018 - 07:08 pm)

Using that example you are a poacher,when u reach 50 you should be releasing anything you catch after 50.The laws not flawed there is no party fishing for perch.

I myself have no interest in keeping over 50 perch. I am just say (I repeat I am just saying) it is too bad that in court it may be impossible to prove guilty.

In particular I was referring to and replying to a previous reply: "In the court of law, the accused has to be proven guilty. Where is the proof that the buddy didn't catch any? "

Hence I consider this law is flawed. This law is only perfect if and only if violators in this case can be proved guilt in court every time with no exception...

PMEmail PosterYahoo
kingphoenix
Posted: Jan 15, 2018 - 12:43 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10053

QUOTE (thanh @ Jan 12, 2018 - 06:57 pm)
QUOTE (xiaolu @ Jan 12, 2018 - 06:29 pm)
QUOTE (mydogbites @ Jan 12, 2018 - 03:53 pm)

it may matter to a CO if one person has a sport and the other a conservation licence?

I would think it may in fact matter regardless what kind of licence(s) each of the two may have.

For example let's say both of you two have the very same sports fishing licence. And you two have 51 perch in total in one single/same bucket. If a CO shows up, and is asking what number of perch each of you two are keeping in this bucket, where is the proof that say you kept 25 and your buddy kept 26 (instead of you kept 51 which is over your legal daily catch and keep limit, and your buddy caught nothing)?

In the court of law, the accused has to be proven guilty. Where is the proof that the buddy didn't catch any?

@ WalleyeSashimi. If you are so worried about it, just keep your fish separate. enjoy your day worries free.

In this case it is your responsibility to make sure that your fish are separate and able to be counted.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace