Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Can't wait for trout opener
king killer
Posted: Mar 12, 2018 - 11:14 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 3332

Many double digit days still happen. All timing with water conditions. Fish that come in the fall are spawners too. That's why I really don't get this whole protect the spring spawner thing. A fish is a fish. Boat fishing has way more of an impact then river fishing. Look at how many bows are taken by boats in the fall in certain areas of Gbay. I also feel more fish enter the rivers in the fall verses the spring in certain Gbay tribs. The spring runs are less, but the fall runs are bigger. I also feel it would be ridiculous to ban roe when you can still legally keep a fish. Jmo

PMEmail Poster
oogie8
Posted: Mar 12, 2018 - 07:59 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 8485

I have noticed a decline in the last 10 years, 15-20 fish days are few and far between for me as well, used to be 20 hookups a day when your timing was right was about average, now it seems like that number is around 10. Iím happy with the limit myself. I fish stateside frequently and have noticed a decline there as well, at least our Ontario steelhead arenít put and take like many other hatchery ridden rivers. We have truly wild fish that should be respected, but I agree with king killer, no difference bonking your limit of chromers in the fall, compared to taking one ready to drop her eggs, which Iíd take home and promptly cure

PMEmail Poster
Fishsniffer
Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 02:44 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1597

QUOTE (steelheader @ Mar 10, 2018 - 11:57 pm)
QUOTE (Gumby_Shoes @ Mar 10, 2018 - 09:57 am)
Some of the comments here are too funny. Newsflash the mnr doesnít care about non native species like our beloved steelhead. If you think the population is as healthy as ever, well you simply havenít been fishing them for very long or donít have a clue. Donít worry though keep bonking prime spawners and thereíll be plenty of lake trout for you. Secondly nobody gets punched in the face for discussing ideas on how to stop the decline in steelhead numbers where I fish. Some folks evolve with the times and conditions others will keep doing the same thing over and over and wonder why the fishing keeps getting worse...

Donít get me wrong I love keeping and eating steelhead probably my favourite, but if making a small sacrifice means more fish in the long run then yes I will change my ways. I know I will upset lots with this post but if it results in even a few prime spawning fish being released than good.

Hey Grummpy shoes ; Wake up guy , The MNR doesn't care about bows ??

Why is the limit reduced to two ?
why are the santuraries set up to protect spawning bows ?
Why are certain sections only catch and release ?
Why do they enforce boundaries below dams?

If they didn't give a dam why would they set up restrictions??

All of these measures where put in place to ensure our " PRESENT HEALTHY POPULATION" of rainbows continues even though they are a non native fish to our waters..

As an avid steelheader I and most of my fellow headers enjoy chasing the "RAINBOW"

Over my years of chasing bows I without crossing my fingers have landed well over a thousand bows , most were released but a few kept for a great family meal ( Compared to store bought trout and salmon ridled with hormones and pesticides )

I regularly check known spawning beds and have noted if anything that the spawning fish have increased in numbers ..

So I guess my six decades of chasing steelheads and all the MNR programs are just smoke and mirrors ??

Get your facts right ..

When was the last year you landed over 60 bows ?? Or any ??

Not to mention ...

https://www.simcoe.com/community-story/7607...next-two-years/

Since ice out we been getting double digits days every time out.

Loonie size roe bags !

PMEmail Poster
00deadon1
Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 03:09 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 5025

Yes looking forward to exciting new year . I got me new Spahr Black Dog 5'' feels reel good .

PMEmail Poster
oogie8
Posted: Mar 15, 2018 - 07:13 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 8485

Very nice fishsniffer

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Georgian Bay & Lake Huron
Fishing forum for Lake Huron & Georgian Bay. Fishing for walleye, muskie, bass, salmon, trout, crappie, perch and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Enjoy Lake Huron Outdoors!

Marketplace