Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
» Fishing Forum
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Fines fishing on Lake Erie, Over Limit of Walleye
RayJayJohnson
Posted: Jan 31, 2018 - 04:32 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 835

QUOTE (Longshank @ Jan 30, 2018 - 03:55 pm)
QUOTE (landonfish @ Jan 30, 2018 - 02:55 pm)
QUOTE (minnkota @ Jan 23, 2018 - 02:59 pm)
A pair of Amherstburg fishermen have been fined a total of $2,500 for exceeding walleye catch limits.

Robert Gignac Jr. and Robert Gignac Sr. pleaded guilty in provincial offences court last week to possessing an over-limit of walleye caught in Lake Erie. Each of the men was fined $1,000, and Gignac Jr. was fined an additional $500 for transporting illegally caught fish.

On Aug. 1, 2017, the Gignacs and a third man were fishing in the Chatham-Kent waters of Lake Erie east of Wheatley in a boat called the “Buckeye.”

http://windsorstar.com/news/local-news/fis...ng-catch-limits

I am confused, it says they had a cooler full of 17 fish (already above the 6 fish per person limit) and said they seized all 27 fish but were 9 over the limit? Wouldn't 9 over the limit be 21 fish? 27 fish seized would be 15 fish over the limit?

I agree with you on the numbers....Maybe the reporter messed up as I aslo came up with 15 over limit fish

They didn't include the captain and owner of the boat.
3 people= 21 fish

This also happened in wheatley I believe.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!

Marketplace