Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bronte harbour, Local trip Feb 3
Icemanjay
Posted: Feb 03, 2018 - 11:46 am

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 13620

Got out on the ice for a bit this morning. Had a great time out there but didn't mark too much. Had something on at one point but lost it, it felt decent, maybe a trout judging by the head shakes. Enough to keep me interested for next time! Anyone else out there lately?

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Feb 03, 2018 - 01:30 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

I'm always driving by checking the ice.. Usually there's a couple folks out there trying there luck..
I've yet to put a hole in the ice there...
What were you using for bait? Thanks in advance..
Cheers FM..

PMEmail Poster
chrome4life
Posted: Feb 03, 2018 - 03:39 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 10617

Its been very slow!

PMEmail Poster
Icemanjay
Posted: Feb 03, 2018 - 04:28 pm

Smolt Trout

I was using minnows and trying to call them in with a rippin rap. I don't know if the rippin rap worked or not lol. I'll definitely be back again. Does anyone know if north of lakeshore is a sanctuary? It doesn't say anything about it in the regs, but there's bylaw signs up saying no fishing?..

PMEmail Poster
ScoobyDube
Posted: Feb 03, 2018 - 06:25 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 12416

The town of Oakville will called then the police and mnr on you.
Iím speaking from experience as I had 2 police, an 2 mnr come out to me when I was maybe 500ft from the lakeshore bridge. They said a resident of the apartment building saw us there an called, because the signs are up itís considered private property of the city. I was issued a trespassing fine, kept my mouth shut the whole time and got Iím my car and noticed they misspelled my name.
Dumbasses, took it to court anyways.
Was pleasantly surprised when 4/4 guys didnít show up. It got thrown out, that was 3 years ago.
an now instead of bank fishing there Iíll take a canoe an anchor right in the middle and smile at the crabby old lady I can only imagine is watching out the apartment window.
Careful of the old bitties with saggy t***ies!

PMEmail Poster
giggidy
Posted: Feb 03, 2018 - 09:02 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 1030

Bronte Creek - Town of Oakville from Hwy. 2
upstream to the south side of Hwy. 407. closed Jan 1st. to 4th sat april.

PMEmail Poster
Icemanjay
Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 11:16 am

Smolt Trout

Thanks for the input guys. I'm still confused though, in the regs it says no fishing from the south side of the 407 to the north, and then that trout is open south of lakeshore all year, is there something im not seeing? I don't want to break any rules, it's just been made so hard to understand.. I mean if there's an issue of trespassing would that just apply to land? Not doubting anyone, just trying to figure this out lol.

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 12:01 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

I grew up in Oakville and always had been told that Bronte Creek and 16 Mile Creek are fish sanctuaries North of Highway 2. But looking at the regs I can't see anything about the 16 Mile Creek only Bronte... Just stay south of the bridge and you'll be fine..
I fished the sixteen Mike Creek all the time with friends when we were kids..
Ice man is there some place close by you grab minnows ..I uaslly just go to bills bait and takle in hammy..
Cheers FM..

PMEmail Poster
Chris kast
Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 02:56 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 13495

I liv in the area and have ice fished the inner harbour a few times. You need to make sure your below lakeshore road (highway 2) or people get fussy plus it's in the regs. During the ice season you can usually pull some steelhead out but it's better later in the season when then rellay start to stage. all you need is a thin slip float and a row bag.

PMEmail Poster
Icemanjay
Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 04:15 pm

Smolt Trout

I agree with you guys, id always heard you couldn't fish between the bridge and Rebecca street cause it was a sanctuary, I just don't see anything saying that in the regs (I'm sure it used to when I river fished a lot) so I figured maybe things had changed but I think with the no fishing signs posted I'll take everyone's advice and just stay south of the bridge. FM, unfortunately all I know of is bills bait that's where I went too, I'm thinking if I get into fishing there a bit more I'll grab an aquarium pump so I can keep minnows alive in the shed for long periods of time so I don't have to make the drive. I'm thinking minnows are pretty good to have there. Cheers and thanks guys!
Jay

PMEmail Poster
Originalfive
Posted: Feb 05, 2018 - 10:42 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 10835

Lake Shore to Rebecca st is a fish sanctuary so no fishing. Just stay below Hwy 2 (Lake Shore bridge) and you'll be fine since it's opened all year.

PM
chrome4life
Posted: Feb 05, 2018 - 12:33 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 10617

QUOTE (Icemanjay @ Feb 04, 2018 - 04:15 pm)
I agree with you guys, id always heard you couldn't fish between the bridge and Rebecca street cause it was a sanctuary, I just don't see anything saying that in the regs (I'm sure it used to when I river fished a lot) so I figured maybe things had changed but I think with the no fishing signs posted I'll take everyone's advice and just stay south of the bridge. FM, unfortunately all I know of is bills bait that's where I went too, I'm thinking if I get into fishing there a bit more I'll grab an aquarium pump so I can keep minnows alive in the shed for long periods of time so I don't have to make the drive. I'm thinking minnows are pretty good to have there. Cheers and thanks guys!
Jay

Ive never caught any on roe bags..... always minnow.... tried chumming with no luck!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!

Marketplace