Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Looking For Reports on the Current Status of, Open Water or Ice Around the Lake
Vampire With Freckles
Posted: Apr 15, 2018 - 11:19 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 86

Hi Folks:

Its that time again - the in between season - between the late ice fishing season and the start of the open water season.

Unfortunately, Mother Nature has been playing naughty this spring - with her constant changing the rules of the game - the change of the season between winter and spring, and her refusal to ramp up the temperature in order to melt the snow and ice.

This spring has been stranger than normal - as in the over the February Family Long weekend it appeared that spring had arrived earlier than normal and we enjoyed warm weather and what appeared to be the demise of the ice and the early end of the ice fishing season. At this point, much of the weather in March and April (to date) has been unseasonably cold and in fact, Family Long Weekend in February was probably the best weather this spring.

Personally, my patience with Mother Nature evaporated several weeks ago!!! The disappearance of the last traces of winter of - especially the ice on the lake - can't come soon enough.

Following the strange weather over the weekend I would welcome any reports on the current status of open water or ice remaining on the lake. Hopefully, the wind over the weekend FINALLY broke up the ice and the ice is now sitting on a remote beach.

That's all for now, Nancy

PMEmail Poster
ThorahGuy
Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 08:09 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 644

Good morning Nancy. I am reliably informed that there is considerable open water off the North shore of Thorah. Still lots of ice out there but it shouldn't be too much longer until we are boating once again.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace