Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Beautiful day on the water, But I got lonely
colanut
Posted: May 27, 2018 - 07:14 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 14818

Went to Balsam Lake today to try out some new spots. The lake was calm and not very busy (launched at the provincial park). There are almost no weeds up yet (they are just starting, so my friends the baitfish (perch, sunfish) wouldn't come out to play. Didn't see any of the big boys either. I did get lots of bites, but mostly mosquito. Threw everything I could (rapala, swim baits, top water, worm harnesses, mepps), but the only thing that bit in the water was a measly mussel. At least I avoided a complete skunk (boy that was close). I'll try again next weekend for the muskie opener.

PMEmail Poster
gibbysfishin
Posted: Jun 02, 2018 - 03:11 pm

Fry

Member No.: 4903

I was there Monday with no luck either,, got a hit on a topwater the 1st cast,
and thought it was going to be a great day. But that was the only action I saw

PMEmail Poster
sabby
Posted: Jun 02, 2018 - 05:23 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 9998

What kind of fish were you after?

PMEmail Poster
colanut
Posted: Jun 03, 2018 - 01:14 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 14818

I was going for pike and walleye, but all I got was mussels. I had better luck today, getting a pike and a smallie. Both went back in the drink.

PMEmail Poster
JordanR
Posted: Jun 03, 2018 - 01:45 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 14322

Since I started fishing balsam. My boat is docked there. I have been skunked so many times itís not funny. Balsam has beat me down. Iím gonna keep trying though. Good luck to you too.

PMEmail Poster
Paul j
Posted: Jun 03, 2018 - 02:00 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 9597

I fish balsam most weekends,I was out yesterday targeting walleye but got into the smallies, it can be a hit and miss lake, the weeds are fully up yet so havenít found the walleyes yet this season, maybe next weekend 😁

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace