Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3 > »»   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The countdown is on!, Chilly willy's march 8th-11th
Icemanjay
Posted: Feb 22, 2018 - 04:55 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 13620

The time has finally come! Heading up to chilly willy's in 2 weeks and we can't wait! 4 of us going up, myself, my dad (board member "pond"), board member doublewhiskyandcokenoice, and our buddy Hugh. Has anyone else been fishing at chilly willy's? How's the bite been? Sounds like it's generally good on nipissing, we're new to the lake, I know we'll come back with some good stories, and hopefully we come back with some good fish pics!!

PMEmail Poster
Icehog
Posted: Feb 22, 2018 - 05:09 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7626

I have been ice fishing for years up there. It's hit am miss but for the most part it's been very good. Jigging works best with a Northland buckshot spoon pink or blue in colour tipped with a minnow. If you don't catch you will have great memories with your dad and friends. Enjoy every moment you can you only have one dad. I am going up in a week. I will post while i am there so keep looking. Tight lines and good luck

PMEmail Poster
FishingChef
Posted: Feb 22, 2018 - 06:31 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 15394

Fishing Lake Nipissing has been great for me. I have had a lot of luck up there and most times, lots of bites. I find a lot of the Northland Buckshot spoons (UV Pink, green, purple and yellow) have worked for me and Clam Blade Spoons. I will be going up in 1 week and will keep posted while there. Tight lines!!!

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Feb 22, 2018 - 06:54 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Your going to have a blast. Simple works great up there. Hook and a split shot with a lively minnow. As mentioned Northlands spoons ( my personal favourites). If the bite is light then pinheads or just the head. It's easy to get distracted joking around and such but the big one can bite when you least expect it.
Take it all in Jay... I'm sure you know this but I'll say it anyway, we love pictures. Have a great time buddy.
Cheers, Kerry

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Feb 22, 2018 - 08:07 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

2 weeks????? A little premature jay......lol🎣🎣🎣

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Feb 22, 2018 - 08:35 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

QUOTE (FatRap @ Feb 22, 2018 - 08:07 pm)
2 weeks????? A little premature jay......lol🎣🎣🎣

I'm not even going and I'm excited

PMEmail Poster
Icemanjay
Posted: Feb 22, 2018 - 08:52 pm

Adult Trout

Thanks all! I think we're all set for gear, I even picked up a couple of glowshot spoons tonight. I think I got the last 2 in Burlington, I looked everywhere lol. FatRap, I couldn't wait any longer to post, I'm too excited. You guys make it look like such a great time up there that I'll have to blame this on you haha! And Kerry I'm sure we'll have a bunch of great pics to share! Are you guys gonna be at the m&g? If so I'll definitely make sure to say hello!

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Feb 23, 2018 - 11:07 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

QUOTE (Icemanjay @ Feb 22, 2018 - 10:52 pm)
Thanks all! I think we're all set for gear, I even picked up a couple of glowshot spoons tonight. I think I got the last 2 in Burlington, I looked everywhere lol. FatRap, I couldn't wait any longer to post, I'm too excited. You guys make it look like such a great time up there that I'll have to blame this on you haha! And Kerry I'm sure we'll have a bunch of great pics to share! Are you guys gonna be at the m&g? If so I'll definitely make sure to say hello!

Lol, I hear you. It's a killer sitting down here waiting and reading about everyone else's trips

Oh and by the way we don't count down in weeks or days, we count down on how many more sleeps until the big day so I guess it is 13 more sleeps for you guys now

I am not going to the meet and greet this year, seems a couple of members have some issues with me and I would rather just avoid having to confront them on the ice.

PMEmail Poster
Icemanjay
Posted: Feb 23, 2018 - 12:17 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (FatRap @ Feb 23, 2018 - 11:07 am)

Lol, I hear you. It's a killer sitting down here waiting and reading about everyone else's trips

Oh and by the way we don't count down in weeks or days, we count down on how many more sleeps until the big day so I guess it is 13 more sleeps for you guys now

I am not going to the meet and greet this year, seems a couple of members have some issues with me and I would rather just avoid having to confront them on the ice.

Well 13 sleeps it's is then lol! Too bad you won't be out at the m&g man, I hope eventually things will work out.

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Feb 23, 2018 - 02:32 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

QUOTE (Icemanjay @ Feb 23, 2018 - 02:17 pm)

Well 13 sleeps it's is then lol! Too bad you won't be out at the m&g man, I hope eventually things will work out.

There is a time and a place for everything

PMEmail Poster
Pond
Posted: Feb 23, 2018 - 04:55 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 14727

Where did you say we're going??

PMEmail Poster
TheBlueWalleyes
Posted: Feb 23, 2018 - 05:38 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 6436

Siting on a GO train counting .... 14 sleeps until our West Arm trip to Regan and Goldie's place. Hoping for forgiveness from everyone else in Ontario for wishing for another visit from the vortex.... Bit I'm sure you guys wouldn't mind...

PMEmail Poster
Icemanjay
Posted: Feb 23, 2018 - 05:47 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (FatRap @ Feb 23, 2018 - 02:32 pm)
QUOTE (Icemanjay @ Feb 23, 2018 - 02:17 pm)

There is a time and a place for everything

I hear ya buddy

PMEmail Poster
Icemanjay
Posted: Feb 23, 2018 - 05:49 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (Pond @ Feb 23, 2018 - 04:55 pm)
Where did you say we're going??

It doesn't matter, we're all bringing weisers!

PMEmail Poster
Icemanjay
Posted: Feb 23, 2018 - 05:51 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (TheBlueWalleyes @ Feb 23, 2018 - 05:38 pm)
Siting on a GO train counting .... 14 sleeps until our West Arm trip to Regan and Goldie's place. Hoping for forgiveness from everyone else in Ontario for wishing for another visit from the vortex.... Bit I'm sure you guys wouldn't mind...

Hey not at all! Bring on more ice! Hopefully between all of us someone lands a lunker!!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3 > »»  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace