» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> March 1st Nipissing Ice Fishing Report, it's s picking up!
kokemachine
Posted: Mar 08, 2018 - 12:33 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4328

Everything is picking up in my back yard! I shudder to think of the last week of ice fishing on our hands..

Although I didn't get it on video I have caught several bass in one of my spots. I'm also seeing more pike and eyes.

Anyway, let's fish the hell out of this last week.

Here's ,my latest vid:

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/-263iDP33NI[/YOUTUBE]

PMEmail Poster
kenster
Posted: Mar 08, 2018 - 01:08 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12683

always entertaining esp when he fish are biting.

PMEmail Poster
Jumboslayer
Posted: Mar 08, 2018 - 01:17 pm

Fry

Member No.: 7417

Great video Koke 👍 always enjoy your videos. Cool footage of you catching that pike and the end of the video was an amazing shot with you walking off the ice with the sunset in the background !! Hopefully this won’t be your last video of the year but with the end in sight let me say thank you for all your videos through out the year, from early season testing ice conditions, to cranman and fishchasers adventures including that monster walleye 😃 your videos are always enjoyable and at times comical with your commentary lol hats off to you Koke 👍 tight lines 👍

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Mar 08, 2018 - 02:35 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

Thank you for the video awesome job as usual.

PMEmail Poster
Cranman
Posted: Mar 08, 2018 - 02:40 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 1788

Great video KOKE....nice pike!

And the jawjacker was working well....

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Mar 08, 2018 - 03:21 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

Another great video, looks like is was a busy couple of hours on the ice, nice save on the pike

Thanks for the time and effort you put in on these videos this season koke, I believe they were appreciated by all.

Hopefully you can get out again before the season is over.

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Mar 08, 2018 - 04:32 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 8318

excellent!

hope you are on nip for some soft water action koke!

PMEmail Poster
Grumpa
Posted: Mar 08, 2018 - 05:38 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 4676

QUOTE (westarm @ Mar 08, 2018 - 04:32 pm)
excellent!

X2

PM
Chevy
Posted: Mar 08, 2018 - 06:26 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Great video Koke. I appreciate you taking the time to post your cool videos.

PMEmail Poster
Mr Meat
Posted: Mar 08, 2018 - 06:38 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 15336

Another great video!

PMEmail Poster
FishingChef
Posted: Mar 08, 2018 - 07:46 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 15394

Thank you for the awesome video kokemachine!!! Tight lines!!!

PMEmail Poster
kokemachine
Posted: Mar 09, 2018 - 07:57 am

Adult Trout

QUOTE (Jumboslayer @ Mar 08, 2018 - 01:17 pm)
Great video Koke 👍 always enjoy your videos. Cool footage of you catching that pike and the end of the video was an amazing shot with you walking off the ice with the sunset in the background !! Hopefully this won’t be your last video of the year but with the end in sight let me say thank you for all your videos through out the year, from early season testing ice conditions, to cranman and fishchasers adventures including that monster walleye 😃 your videos are always enjoyable and at times comical with your commentary lol hats off to you Koke 👍 tight lines 👍

Thanks Jumboslayer. I have to thank my wife for that sunset shot. She happened to be out taking pics of the sunset when I was coming in. When she showed it to me I had to use it.

That pike wasn't enormous but it was really fat for a fish it's size. It gave me a fierce fight.

PMEmail Poster
kokemachine
Posted: Mar 09, 2018 - 08:05 am

Adult Trout

excellent!

I will most definitely be making some softwater videos when the season comes. It's not as easy to get out from my end due to wave action, but I'm sure I'll be able to take a few sweet vids.

Once I'm done rolling around sobbing about the end of Nipissing ice fishing I have a huge back log of unedited videos that I can start finishing up. So there are still many vids to come.

As for the rest of this season I'm basically going to be fishing every day until this season passes so I will be putting out at least one video if not two more.

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Mar 09, 2018 - 10:01 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 8318

QUOTE (kokemachine @ Mar 09, 2018 - 09:05 am)
excellent! 

I will most definitely be making some softwater videos when the season comes. It's not as easy to get out from my end due to wave action, but I'm sure I'll be able to take a few sweet vids.

Once I'm done rolling around sobbing about the end of Nipissing ice fishing I have a huge back log of unedited videos that I can start finishing up. So there are still many vids to come.

As for the rest of this season I'm basically going to be fishing every day until this season passes so I will be putting out at least one video if not two more.

hey koke, your welcome to come over to our side for a video or 2 or 10. its almost always fishable as there are many places to get out of the wind, there's the west arm, west bay, northwest bay, middle west and even in and around the French. you can call your vid "West Side Story" lol.

cheers! looking forward

PMEmail Poster
Grumpa
Posted: Mar 09, 2018 - 01:33 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 4676

Great idea westarm.
Koke could do area specific videos of the Upper French, South Bay/South Shore, WA, North shore or Callander Bay or even species specific videos on catching largemouth/smallmouth, walleye, perch, pike, bullheads or even musky etc....you could even have weekly guest fishermen/fisherwomen from around the lake, join you or offer to take you out with them....we could put faces to some of the names we haven't already met or are familiar with.
When you get to that stage you've now become a bonafide video fishing show 'host'...focusing on Nip...the Nipissing 'only' fishing show....as seen on the Nipissing fishing board.
I'd continue to tune in for each video post.
Only problem is....you'd start to have no time for anything but editing videos....time consuming....might start cutting into your own precious, quiet fishing time on the water. You'd need to hire support staff to help film while you're editing.
Fun to watch each week and informative for anyone viewing....maybe just a ton of extra work for poor Koke though.
Lol...Don't you just hate it when someone else suggests something that just blossoms into a lot of extra work for you personally.
But it sure would be entertaining for the rest of us that watch the videos regularly.
Hey Koke...are you able to attach a set of old downhill skis to your pop up, fold out pull sled?....I did that to my pull sled...it's not a fold out like yours, just a straight sled. If you can somehow add skis' to the bottom and still sit in it properly....it's way easier pulling those sleds....especially in deep or wet snow. I guess the other option is get a machine that pulls it out for you. I'm all in favour of 'less' physical effort at this stage.
Thank again for all the vid's....made the winter that much more enjoyable

PM

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace