Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Nipissing cottages, Advice on August trip
1stdrift
Posted: Mar 10, 2018 - 05:40 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 9278

Planning a week trip to lake Nipissing with my family and was wondering where they’re might be some good fishing in middle of August. Which would be best East or west side of the lake? Targeting pike, walleye and bass??? Any recommendations for where would be a solid place to book for a week with good fishing??? I always go in the winter for hard water haven’t been in the summer for very very long time. Have my own boat so I’ll be able to zoom from shallow to deeper waters faster then a small rental.

PMEmail Poster
ldub
Posted: Mar 10, 2018 - 06:37 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4441

I don't have advice as far as cottages. But as for fishing, Ive fished the south shore close to callandar, and had no problem catching walleye and pike in August

PMEmail Poster
ldub
Posted: Mar 10, 2018 - 06:50 pm

Trophy Trout

There are lots of resorts on the south shore. Finding a private cottage is hard on Nipissing especially if you're on a budget.

PMEmail Poster
patracker
Posted: Mar 11, 2018 - 03:11 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 4568

Last year our group lit up the pike fishing out of Promised Land camp on the south shore. Got my pb walleye and a few other keepers a 15 minute ride out to gull rocks. Also got some lunker bass.. Started going to Promise land a few years back when a few gals and grandkids fell into the mix and decided to upgrade. Although perhaps a little pricy perhaps we found accommodations, amenities,not to mention Linda and Henning are greatt hosts. Henning will give advice on where to find fish.

PMEmail Poster
ldub
Posted: Mar 11, 2018 - 03:44 pm

Trophy Trout

For sure, if a resort is up your alley there are many to choose from. Kinda depends weather you're looking for privacy or more of a trailer park atmosphere. Resorts often have more amenities then a private cottage, which can be a bonus for the kids.

PMEmail Poster
fishfearus
Posted: Mar 11, 2018 - 06:18 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 13852

My family goes to Sandy Bay, I get to fish and the wife and kids spend the day swimming on the beach, great place for families. I fish bass and pike around lonely island and always do well, and awesome walleye out in the deeper parts.

PMEmail Poster
1stdrift
Posted: Mar 11, 2018 - 09:06 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 9278

Beach and fishing sounds good to me...gonna have some little ones with us so that would be great if we get something with a beach around...morning and night is fishing time!!! Thanks for your reply’s

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Mar 12, 2018 - 09:45 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

You might want to check out Bear Creek Cottages, there is a nice beach there as well. Shawn and Terra the owners are great people

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace