Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Any advice for Wasaksina?
ONadventures
Posted: May 22, 2018 - 07:55 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 15306

Hi all.
I'm planning to portage in to Wasaksina in a few weeks. Wondering if anyone has been in there before? Any tips for this time of year? (I'd love to target Walleye, but any bite is good)

PMEmail Poster
Michael Kerwin
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 07:08 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 7520

I did the Lake Temagami-Wasaksina loop 5-13 July 2008 as a canoe trip rather than a fishing trip. Here is some information from my trip notes:

"In Ojibway, wasaksina refers to the white “beaver” sticks washed up on shore. Wasaksina Lake is very pretty with excellent fishing and large campsites. There are four campsites on the lake: two small sites in the north channel narrows, one on the west shore, and a large site on the large island. The lake is visited by fishermen and one of the small islands (UTM 848985) is used for shore lunches and sports a canvas kitchen tent. The town on Temagami funded a clean-up of Wasaksina and neighbouring lakes in July 2007.
Various side trips can be made from Wasksina Lake into Greenlaw Lake and Brophy Lake (walleye, pike, and smallmouth fishing) or Driftwood and Iceland Lakes (pike, walleye, and smallmouth fishing.)"

Further tripping information can be found at http://www.myccr.com/ (Canadian Canoe Routes) or Hap Wilson's Temagami guidebook. Check Jeff's southern Temagami map for more current information at http://www.thetemagamimap.com/.

PMEmail Poster
ONadventures
Posted: May 24, 2018 - 04:20 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 15306

Thanks for the response Michael. I'll have to give a report once I return.
I've got Jeff's map from previous trips in that area, so that shouldn't be a problem.

As for the fishing, I'll have to figure out the spots on my own...but then again, that can be half the fun!

PMEmail Poster
Michael Kerwin
Posted: May 26, 2018 - 06:31 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 7520

Have fun! Looking forward to your report.

PMEmail Poster
Ice
Posted: May 27, 2018 - 10:48 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 7713

Same on this end hope you have fun and catch lots of fish. Be safe and can’t wait for your pictures of the trip.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace